Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zurdo: GGG Didn't Do Enough Against Canelo, Just Tried To Survive; It Was Kind of Sad For Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zurdo: GGG Didn't Do Enough Against Canelo, Just Tried To Survive; It Was Kind of Sad For Fans

Gilberto Ramirez was just as disappointed as many boxing fans who felt the third fight between Canelo Alvarez and Gennadiy Golovkin was something of a letdown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

was a close fight i cant think of many 40 year olds who would have done any better

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      was a close fight i cant think of many 40 year olds who would have done any better
      You call that a close fight? I consider these close fights. I don't think ggg vs canelo 3 was a close one

Ward vs Kovalev
      Mayweather vs Castillo
      Morales vs Barrera
      Pacquiao vs Marquez
      De la hoya vs Mosley

Comment

Ggg was gun shy but that’s what happens at 40 yrs old, you can’t pull the trigger. That’s why canelo took the fight. He expected and promised to deliver a violent stoppage, so he shouldn’t be let off the hook either. He was incapable of stopping an old man who was visibly hurt by non punchers in his last 2 fights and not only didn’t canelo not stop him, but he allowed ggg to close stronger than he did. Uneventful fight from both guys.

Comment

Seems accurate to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            Ggg was gun shy but that’s what happens at 40 yrs old, you can’t pull the trigger. That’s why canelo took the fight. He expected and promised to deliver a violent stoppage, so he shouldn’t be let off the hook either. He was incapable of stopping an old man who was visibly hurt by non punchers in his last 2 fights and not only didn’t canelo not stop him, but he allowed ggg to close stronger than he did. Uneventful fight from both guys.
            Yep. I agree 100 percent here. Canelo didn’t do enough.

Comment

Love to see what Zurdo is doing when he's 41 I'm sure he'll be going to war with all the young champs. Tbh Canelo wasn't impressive at all I was expecting a more dominant decision win but GGG came on late.

Comment

I like Zurdo and Benavidez but the only vato currently from 160 to 175 that can KD or KO GGG is Beterbiev. I've never been a fan of GGG but he's as fcken solid as they come. The only other current fighter thats maybe p4p more solid than GGG is DSG.

The only way Canelo had for a stoppage was with a perfectly placed liver shot but GGG protected his belly like he swallowed his fight purse.

Comment

I wouldnt say Golovkin was trying to survive.

He was pacing himself as it's tougher at 40, and also had to be careful because Canelo has some power to be respected.

Comment

I agree that Golovkin didn't do much, but Canelo didn't do much either. For me, it was a very tactical, boring fight, which did not live up to expectations. Golovkin said that beating Canelo would be his greatest accomplishment, while Canelo claimed that he didn't like GGG and would KO him in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                    X