Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Joseph Diaz, William Zepeda - Face To Face at Media Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Joseph Diaz, William Zepeda - Face To Face at Media Event

Diaz, Zepeda Media Event Photos Gallery - LA fan favorite and former IBF Super Featherweight title holder Joseph "JoJo" Diaz, Jr. (32-2-1, 15 KOs) and undefeated, rising lightweight division star William "El Camaron" Zepeda (26-0, 23 KOs) went face to face at a media event, as they discussed their upcoming 12-round, crossroads fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This should be a fun fight, this is Zepeda's chance to show he can be a contender at 135, especially if he can get the stoppage. I'm not saying beating Diaz is a big deal but it depends on how Zepeda does it.
    NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Damn it, Jo Jo is definitely not a ducking fighter

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        Damn it, Jo Jo is definitely not a ducking fighter
        You are damn correct my friend! I believe Zepeda has the ability to shine at 35. I saw him a few years ago and was shocked. He is a durable, seek and destroy type of fighter. Props too JoJo! Dude is definitely not ducking no one

Comment

Originally posted by Body the jab View Post
          This should be a fun fight, this is Zepeda's chance to show he can be a contender at 135, especially if he can get the stoppage. I'm not saying beating Diaz is a big deal but it depends on how Zepeda does it.
          I think best JoJo is a pretty big deal. The only guys to beat him are basically top tier of their divisions. JoJo isn’t elite, but coupled with very good skills is he is a dawg in the ring.

Comment

Feels like people are underestimating JoJo Diaz in this match up, he is a versatile fighter with experience under his belt, Jack of all trades, master of none.

William Zepeda will have to bring his A-game considering his last two fights, he has a high work rate with a lot of power behind his shots.

Also, it looks like Alexis Rocha will fight in the undercard, feel bad for him that he never managed to get a main card or at least a co-header. He should at least fight a ranked fighter like let's say David Avanesyan, Cody Crowley or Radzhab Butaev.

Comment

This fight gets me all bothered
              Great fight
              Zepeda is someone who can gain big from winning this fight and I hope he does
              Jojo is always there and game, no more be said

Comment

I saw Zepeda's showcase fight ringside in LA against Tanajara. Seeing his motor live was something to see. Got my tickets for this fight too and it will be interesting to see who owns in the inside fighting. Sentimental favorite is Jojo, but if Zepeda has his A game going, we might see Jojo get relegated to gatekeeper status.

Comment

Should be a great fight but I honestly think it could be a step too high for Zepeda. JoJo held his own against Haney and Russell,beat Fortuna and Farmer. All who are leaps ahead of who Zepeda has been in with and possibly Zepeda himself. Zepeda defense was non existent against Renee who was countering the much bigger and fresher Zepeda all night,unfortunately for him he just didn't have the pop or size to deter William. Just think JoJo has the experience,boxing pedigree/skill and tools in his bag to not get caught in a inside war of attrition where Zepeda excels at like Tanajera and box to a decision victory.

Then again,JoJo has shown in the past that outside distractions can and have affected some of his performances so who the hell knows. Great fight either way. Too bad it doesn't look like Akexis will be facing anyone worthy of note though.

Comment

Working...
                  X