Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren on Joe Joyce: 'I Don't Know How Usyk Can Beat Him'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren on Joe Joyce: 'I Don't Know How Usyk Can Beat Him'

Frank Warren has a hard time seeing how the unified heavyweight champion of the world can stand up to the withering pressure of his ace client, hard-hitting British contender Joe Joyce.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well everybody else knows how but let's keep it as secret so Frank will be surprised if they ever fight
    Lupara Lupara Dolor Dolor like this.

Comment

Usyk beat a tall big strong power puncher on Joshua, twice, so trust me, he knows how to beat big men.

Not saying he'll beat Fury, but he's too clever for Joyce I'd say, although there would be rough moments.

Comment

Agree with Frank , Uysk has great skills but would now be backed up and bullied.We all saw how difficult a night he had with Chisoria .This would be near impossible for him. Joshua tried to box him then in the rematch tried to hit the body more and be more aggressive and in the ninth there were signs but Joyce would just plough forward and hit him hard and bully him .That along with great chin I too struggle to see how he can beat Joyce .... he's a nightmare and has Frampton rightly says 'he's going to take some beating'.

Comment

It'd be harder over a full 12 rounder obviously but Usyks superior movement and speed plus his durability would give him a good shot at avoiding a lot of Joyces punishment and winning the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            Agree with Frank , Uysk has great skills but would now be backed up and bullied.We all saw how difficult a night he had with Chisoria .This would be near impossible for him. Joshua tried to box him then in the rematch tried to hit the body more and be more aggressive and in the ninth there were signs but Joyce would just plough forward and hit him hard and bully him .That along with great chin I too struggle to see how he can beat Joyce .... he's a nightmare and has Frampton rightly says 'he's going to take some beating'.
            I don't see how more people are not seeing how this could be a very difficult fight for Uysk.

For starters Joyce for as lean as he is moving around at 270 lbs and shows no sign of stamina issues. That is considerably larger than Joshua who hinself was huge compared to Uysk.

And as you mentioned Joyce is not a guy that outboxes you. What I saw against Parker he was hitting anything including arms, guard, and sides of the body. Uysk could be protecting his face and body but Joyce is still going to be bludgeoning away at him with a near 50 lb weight difference.

Comment

Meh. I like Joyce, but the fight would be exactly like their WS fight, just seven rounds more of it. But Usyk is the only man in the division to dance around Joyce for 12 rds, every other fighter would be in serious trouble. Including Fury.
              M312 M312 BoxOfficer BoxOfficer like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails View Post

I don't see how more people are not seeing how this could be a very difficult fight for Uysk.

For starters Joyce for as lean as he is moving around at 270 lbs and shows no sign of stamina issues. That is considerably larger than Joshua who hinself was huge compared to Uysk.

And as you mentioned Joyce is not a guy that outboxes you. What I saw against Parker he was hitting anything including arms, guard, and sides of the body. Uysk could be protecting his face and body but Joyce is still going to be bludgeoning away at him with a near 50 lb weight difference.
                I agree and I struggle to see how even Usyk with his sublime skills can negate this huge punching machine ploughing forward with that cast iron chin for 12 rounds.I rate Parker as decent with a good dig , heavier dig than Usyk and I felt for him.

Comment

Joe Joyce has not changed since I first saw him in the amateurs. Same fighter only a little bit bigger. Usyk schooled him in the amateurs and he will win a wide decision in the pros.
                  Lxg Lxg likes this.

Comment

as if usyk haven't done it already lol, it would be just like their wbs fight. with that being said, i think usyk is the only top guy at the weight who would be favoured vs joyce, with everyone else, including fury, is a 50-50 fight
                    Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X