Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Gets His Message Across With KO Win Over Joseph Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Gets His Message Across With KO Win Over Joseph Parker

By Corey Erdman - If you were to show footage of Joe Joyce to a casual boxing fan unfamiliar with him, they might think he's nothing special. Of course, that's supposing you showed them clips of him before he folds his opponents up for the count of ten. Prior to that, Joyce can seem rather unassuming in the ring, as he is behaviorally outside of it. Compared to flashier, more
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jennings showed you need a good body punch to slow down the Juggernaut but he is too small to battle these modern heavies. Very few current HW have 12 rounds stamina and properly invest in body punches. This reality suggests Joyce will do very well in this era. Just by being in 12 round shape and having the whiskers to take the fight to the late rounds he stands at an advantage over many other heavies of this time. Parker has been hit harder than the last left hook but he was tired and battered to the degree even lesser punches would put him out. Can only imagine how rough that fight was for Parker especially the last 3-4 rounds.

However taking punches from 250lb guys will not be healthy and Joyce's punch resistance won't last forever. He has 2 years left tops until his age will get the better of him. Hopefully we will get a few good fights in this time. Great fight and great performance.

Comment

JJ is an accident waiting to happen.

Comment

I don't see any future on these two. Parker is done and Joe Joyce is a B fighter within the HW division. The future for Joyce is to become a gate keeper for new talent making name for themselves. But really hope he can make couple more good payday fights before retirement. A rematch with Usyk could be a good one for Joyce but don't expect to win it.
        Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

Parker is such a disappointment he has solid boxing ability, hand-speed, decent power just lacks dog/killer instinct, stamina and seemingly for many fights now hunger... I thought he and his team would be able to formulate a plan outbox Joyce and possibly stop him to the body, boy was I wrong he come in real fleshy and with even worse stamina the usual.

I don't know what "message" this sends to the heavyweight scene really, Parker perpetually underperforms for his talent/ability particularly in his "big fights" and Joyce certainly isn't the guy to linger on the ropes and try to counter...

Comment

Originally posted by Csar View Post
            I don't see any future on these two. Parker is done and Joe Joyce is a B fighter within the HW division. The future for Joyce is to become a gate keeper for new talent making name for themselves. But really hope he can make couple more good payday fights before retirement. A rematch with Usyk could be a good one for Joyce but don't expect to win it.
            You're being a hater. Joyce just beat a real world class fighter and you're bashing him for being a "B fighter". Who according to you will beat Joyce? Parker has ability, speed, size, good chin. Joyce has a good left hand, unbelievable stamina and rock solid chin. There are very few men in the world at the moment who could beat the version of Joyce we just saw breaking down Parker who has never been stopped. Joyce destroyed him. JJJ brings pressure to every fight and so far this has been to much to everyone. If you can knock him out you can beat him but to outbox and outland a guy like Joyce will not be easy for anyone including Usyk and Fury.

Sadly I think now he will be avoided has he is at a ripe age and soon he will inevitably decline.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
              JJ is an accident waiting to happen.
              lol, I know, but it is really interesting watching what happens until then.

I haven't seen all of the Parker fight, but I remember some of Joe's early fights and it looked like he was punching underwater. It was hard not to laugh.

He carries the weight really well, and wouldnt be outsized much by Fury.

He does deserve a shot at Fury or Usyk, all the while punching like he is in quicksand.

Comment

I've criticised Joyce in the past for looking like he's punching under water & how he's hit to easily. I called Joyce early Parker points & went the wrong way going with Parker on points.
                I won't doubt Joyce again, this 19 stone plus version of Joyce is a handful for any of the 4 ahead of him. He could possibly bully Wilder or could Wilder stun him? I think Aj spits bubbles after a few rounds at that pace. Fury Joyce would be titan vs titan & Usyk has to be on point for all the 12 rds.
                The division just got better as long as promoter's don't get in the way.

Comment

This statement "If you were to show footage of Joe Joyce to a casual boxing fan unfamiliar with him, they might think he’s nothing special" invites the writer to describe or mention what is special about Joe Joyce. I am still waiting. A lot of fighters are big punchers and have a high work rate. I should add a lot of fighters are slow and get the job done in a journeyman-like fashion. Joyce is special because...?

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post
                    Parker is such a disappointment he has solid boxing ability, hand-speed, decent power just lacks dog/killer instinct, stamina and seemingly for many fights now hunger... I thought he and his team would be able to formulate a plan outbox Joyce and possibly stop him to the body, boy was I wrong he come in real fleshy and with even worse stamina the usual.

I don't know what "message" this sends to the heavyweight scene really, Parker perpetually underperforms for his talent/ability particularly in his "big fights" and Joyce certainly isn't the guy to linger on the ropes and try to counter...
                    Parker really thought he could knock Joyce out with the right hand

His game plan just seemed to land a haymaker , Joyce’s chin is just daft though . He hardly blinked with Parker’s best shots

Clobbered him , was brutal to see the slow motion beat down

Comment

Working...
                    X