Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Feels He Should Be 6th Or 7th On P4P List, But 'Cool' With Those That Disagree

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson Feels He Should Be 6th Or 7th On P4P List, But 'Cool' With Those That Disagree

NEWARK, New Jersey - Shakur Stevenson doesn't take pound-for-pound debates all that seriously. The unbeaten Stevenson understands the subjective nature of constructing such lists. That's why he hasn't taken offense to criticism from those that feel he hasn't accomplished enough to warrant a spot in the top 10.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't take it that seriously either but I wonder what he bases these feelings on. I think talent-wise, he may even be top 5 but he hasn't earned a spot in the top 10 yet.

Comment

9 is a decent placement for shakier, I don’t dispute it at all!! He schooled my guy in Valdez who is great in his own right

Comment

fury, tanky, shakur, ruiz top 5 p4p porkies

Comment

reasonable take by Shakur........
          mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Kid tries too hard, Floyd was a natural entertainer. Villian or hero he got your attention. Stevenson often looks goofy when he plays a villain. It's not his real persona and it's much to obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
              Kid tries too hard, Floyd was a natural entertainer. Villian or hero he got your attention. Stevenson often looks goofy when he plays a villain. It's not his real persona and it's much to obvious.
              Mayweather benefit because that persona was the beginning of the social media era in boxing 2007-08.
              Last edited by SimpleTouchee; 09-23-2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                reasonable take by Shakur........
                I don't know about that. There are many talented individuals in the sport, and those P4P lists, such as the Ring's, are not just one person's opinion. It's made from many boxing scholars casting votes, then having those votes tallied. If he didn't make the list, then there's likely a good reason—there are others that are arguably better and accomplished more.

Comment

Not yet

But he's extremely talented

Comment

It’s going to be an ongoing argument between him and boots in a couple years for a long time.
                    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X