Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Didn't Think Conceicao Was That Good; Surprised Me By Winning Gold Medal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Didn't Think Conceicao Was That Good; Surprised Me By Winning Gold Medal

NEWARK, New Jersey - Shakur Stevenson stepped out of the ring six years ago in Brazil unimpressed by Robson Conceicao. Stevenson and Conceicao sparred a few rounds in advance of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. They
    [Click Here To Read More]

There's a lot of truth to that. Too many guys these days treat sparring as if it were an actual fight. I suppose it depends on the sparring session, but many times no one is going into a sparring session to win. You go in to work on things and improve.
    SimpleTouchee SimpleTouchee likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
      There's a lot of truth to that. Too many guys these days treat sparring as if it were an actual fight. I suppose it depends on the sparring session, but many times no one is going into a sparring session to win. You go in to work on things and improve.
      Good point.
      But at the same time. Fighters turn it up in sparring depending on who's in there with them.
      For example. I've heard that both Inoue and Lomachenko do intense sparring sessions.
      If you're a prospect / contender about to spar one of them. You gotta step your game up.
      Hard to work on stuff when you have killers like those two in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post

Good point.
        But at the same time. Fighters turn it up in sparring depending on who's in there with them.
        For example. I've heard that both Inoue and Lomachenko do intense sparring sessions.
        If you're a prospect / contender about to spar one of them. You gotta step your game up.
        Hard to work on stuff when you have killers like those two in front of you.
        Yeah. True. But according to Shakur, this sparring session occurred when they were both amateurs, training for the Olympics. I can't imagine these guys trying to punish each other for an amateur bout. That doesn't make any sense. Those sparring sessions are very technical.

Comment

Honestly, I thought he lost against Lomachenko.

Not that it has anything to do with the current fight, it was the amateurs.

Comment

Working...
          X