Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Canelo Says He Won't Fight Mexicans But He Fought Chavez Jr. - Find A Better Excuse!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Canelo Says He Won't Fight Mexicans But He Fought Chavez Jr. - Find A Better Excuse!

Undisputed super middleweight crownholder Canelo Alvarez has made it clear that his preference is not to fight a countryman. There are several frontrunners that Alvarez could consider for his next contest, and chief among the options is a trio of
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Alvarez is something like 36-0 against Mexicans.
    Maybe he just figures "Enuff's enuff!"

Comment

As much as I like his fighting ability, I’m looking forward to Canelo’s retirement so there’s not 3 divisions of fighters going stale waiting for a payday

Comment

Comment

This is what it looks like when a boxer is a complete and total diva and believes the entire boxing apparatus including the fans are supposed to cater to him. He gets mad and ends interviews when journalists ask the tough questions he doesn’t want asked. Boxing created this mess, nationalistic fans, sycophantic promoters, scared journalists not wanting to be blacklisted all created this mess. Boxing will be better off when Canelo is gone and everyone can get to fighting each other again AND the boxing establishment can stop trying to make him the “face of boxing” in the usa. He isn’t floyd Mayweather, he isn’t Muhammad Ali, he isn’t JC Superstar, he isn’t Joe Louis or Marvin Hagler or even Oscar delahoya. He’s a diva who’s long outlived his use to the sport and at this point is a detriment to it

Comment

Paulie has a great point. The bottom line David has a lot of movement and hasn't shown any weakness.

Comment

Saying he won't fight Mexicans when Mexicans are a very integral part of American boxing......accepting a weak ass 'franchise title'to avoid Charlo......being on the same network and refusing to unify with Andrade.....ignoring his mandatory Benavidez until he lost the belt then fights his sparring partner for the belt......Clenbuterol......going on a Euro bumbash tour instead of fighting your American counterparts.....these are not the actions of a P4P king, these are the actions of a well protected, pampered Diva

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                Alvarez is something like 36-0 against Mexicans.
                Maybe he just figures "Enuff's enuff!"
                I don't think that's the reason why, what's more likely than not is he see's two, tall, young, undefeated fighters, who can punch, in Benavidez, and Ramirez.
                The thought of his losing again, and to one of his own countrymen or anyone else for that matter is just to much him to actually deal with, at this point in time in his career.
                He know's deep in his heart that the end of his career is very near, and he just want's to take fights that his team believe's he can win, before retiring.

Comment

Paulie lost all credibility to speak on boxing a few years ago. Getting whooped in bareknuckle was the last straw. He can't be involved in our social club anymore. I know this much.

Comment

Man I hate when “journalists” talk shiet without doing any research.

it was during the Chavez press run or post fight coverage that Canelo stated he won’t like to fight another Mexican. Being that Alvarez and Chavez are the 2 biggest boxing names in mexico, it caused a major rivalry domestically. He said he hated seeing that; he always wants to unite mexico, not divide.

He’s been saying the same since they fought and haven’t changed his stance (Even though I’m sure he’ll fight another Mexican in the future because he can’t avoid them forever)
                    Apollo7 Apollo7 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X