No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce vs. Joseph Parker - Needing It Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce vs. Joseph Parker - Needing It Now

Age might just be a number but 37 is a hell of a time to be in a younger man's position. 2016 Olympic silver medalist Joe Joyce (14-0, 13 KO) is the number one contender to the WBO heavyweight crown. That makes him a number one contender to Oleksandr Usyk, one of the toughest assignments in boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He may be slow. But what would you do with someone who has a solid chin and keeps coming. Eventually this guy breaks the opponent.
    NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
      He may be slow. But what would you do with someone who has a solid chin and keeps coming. Eventually this guy breaks the opponent.
      He’s like that old Timex Watch commercial….. takes a lickin’ but keeps on ticking!
      I am shocked at how he towers over Parker too! Damn, might be a night for Parker to stay on his bike
      Kiowhatta Kiowhatta likes this.

Comment

If Joyce decides to pressurize and walk through Parkers punches. He will eventually break him down and knock him out.

Comment

Joyce surprised me with his win over hot prospect Dubois. He exposed Dubois' lack of head and upper body movement with his consistent jab, so Parker will need to employ good head and upper body movement as well as footwork to get inside.

I feel like Parker has never quite settled into a particular style. Early on he was more of a boxer-puncher, but at times he seems to be stuck on adopting a style that compliments his best attributes.

I've always given Parker respect for staying busy, taking difficult fights, and traveling abroad - the last factor is one that some so-called modern greats never do (ahem Mayweather Jr).
          Ghost Jab Ghost Jab likes this.

Comment

Point 1.

If their shoes are the same height then if Joe Parker is 6'4" Joe Joyce must be at least 6'7"

Point 2.

I won Australian 350 Australian bucks betting on emotionally stable Bivol to beat emotionally volatile Alvarez.

Joyce is emotionally stable and consistent. Parker is emotionally volatile and erratic.

So I'm going to risk Australian 100 bucks betting on Joyce to beat Parker.

I expect a doozy of a battle.

Comment

Joe Joyce is underrated. I like him. Joe Parker has done little to convince me he’s world class. I think Joe juggernauts him. He deserves the title challenge, and soon!
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Jab View Post
                Joe Joyce is underrated. I like him. Joe Parker has done little to convince me he’s world class. I think Joe juggernauts him. He deserves the title challenge, and soon!
                "not one who has ever really turned heads near the top level. "

This is Parker - and he will come up short again imo. As you say, Joyce is underated. At least by many but I think Fury knows what he brings and won't defend against him.

Comment

Looking forward to this one

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

"not one who has ever really turned heads near the top level. "

This is Parker - and he will come up short again imo. As you say, Joyce is underated. At least by many but I think Fury knows what he brings and won't defend against him.
                    Fury would win against Joe Joyce, but there would be blood and pain for both.

Comment

Working...
                    X