Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo On Post-Fight Hugs With GGG: I Respect Him As A Fighter; As A Person, I Don't Know

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo On Post-Fight Hugs With GGG: I Respect Him As A Fighter; As A Person, I Don't Know

LAS VEGAS - The post-fight embraces between Canelo Alvarez and Gennadiy Golovkin were genuine signs of respect from foes who've spent 36 rounds trying to take each other's heads off over the past five years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Guy failed a drug test for a banned PED. That makes you a cheater period. He put that substance in his body no one else.

Comment

Careful what you wish for G fans. Y’all would’ve been satisfied with just the first fight. Least y’all would’ve had room for debate but nope y’all wanted em to run it bk. Be careful what you wish for

Comment

I was really hoping for a better fight than that. To me neither guy laid it all out. Canelo says his wrist is injured and hey I cant say it is or isn't but GGG didn't even try IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigpig View Post
          Guy failed a drug test for a banned PED. That makes you a cheater period. He put that substance in his body no one else.
          Someone put it in his Tacos at the Taco Stand.

Comment

I’m happy this saga is over even if it happened late. I’m happy GGG didn’t take the life altering beating everyone thought he was going to at 40 years old & im glad he made out like a bandit with that $20 million guarantee. Sad to see past it greats get thrashed for peanuts so this was refreshing. I think GGG has wised up & realized he’s better off leaving no money on the table. He’s already a future hall of famer & there’s still a ton of money he can make. I think he did what his body allowed him to in this 3rd fight. He’s not who he was 5 years ago. Nobody is. He didn’t look bad all things considered, just didn’t look like what we were used to which is great. But to be fair he hasn’t looked like that in years. Still in all he made it 12 rounds against 1 of the best when younger guys like Plant, & BJS couldn’t.

As for Canelo. He did the bare minimum in that fight and it really showed in the end. I think he needs to take some time off & really get some hunger back. He’s made a ton of money & he’s been doing this for almost 20 years. I couldn’t imagine still being able to willingly get punched in the face for a living after doing this for this long and after making what he’s made. He could retire tomorrow and his legacy is set. He’s a hall of famer and he’s made more money than anyone needs in life. I have no doubts he’ll fight Bivol (should he beat Zurdo) & David eventually. I can’t see him winning those fights with a performance like the one he just had so something’s gotta give. The longer he takes to fight DB the better for DB. So all the DB fans/ Canelo haters should just quit bvtchin & moaning. David will always be younger and fresher & Canelos body is getting older with each passing fight.

Combat Dude Combat Dude likes this.

Comment

You're both frauds. You should feel like you're looking In the mirror when you look at Triple Gimmick. What's not to like or respect?

Comment

Canelo was vindicated with the negative follicle test. It would never even be a WADA violation today with all the evidence pointing to his innocence. People condemning him is especially hypocritical when most fighters at the time weren't even testing with no way of knowing what was in their system.

As far as GGG, he lost high ground going out of his way to hire the biggest criminal PED dealers under Victor Conte. He'd also been off the testing radar for long stretches for the last few years but he's talking about how he's the one cleaning up the sport lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
                  Canelo was vindicated with the negative follicle test. It would never even be a WADA violation today with all the evidence pointing to his innocence. People condemning him is especially hypocritical when most fighters at the time weren't even testing with no way of knowing what was in their system.

As far as GGG, he lost high ground going out of his way to hire the biggest criminal PED dealers under Victor Conte. He'd also been off the testing radar for long stretches for the last few years but he's talking about how he's the one cleaning up the sport lol.
                  Give your head a wobble... If you look up 'deluded' in the latest version of the Oxford English Dictionary there's just a picture of you.
                  Monty Fisto Monty Fisto likes this.

Comment

"The 32-year-old Alvarez always emphasized that their second and third fights were very personal to him because Alvarez constantly called him a cheater for failing the aforementioned performance-enhancing drug tests."

Multiple personality disorder. At last, the PED effects on Canelo's brain start to get evident.

Comment

Working...
                    X