Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kevin Lerena Marches Forward With Decision Over Mariusz Wach in Kempton Park

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kevin Lerena Marches Forward With Decision Over Mariusz Wach in Kempton Park

Heavyweight contender Kevin Lerena defeated Mariusz Wach by unanimous decision Saturday night at Emperors Palace in Kempton Park, South Africa.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I didn’t even know this fight was on. I doubt Wach was in great shape for this fight. At 42 he is nearing the end. Never seen Lerena fight yet…

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      I didn’t even know this fight was on. I doubt Wach was in great shape for this fight. At 42 he is nearing the end. Never seen Lerena fight yet
      Nor have I, from his resume the only names I recognize are the usual suspects of "opponents" (Dinu, Seferi, Arslan, Wach). He seems to be a smaller HW, wouldn't mind seeing him in with a slightly more live body than the shopworn Marius the Viking.
      joe strong joe strong likes this.

Comment

Im from South Africa and Lerena is a good solid boxer with a high work rate, always in condition and has decent power. He probably is a bit to small for the realky top guys but everyone said the same about Ussyk so we wait and see.

Im nit saying his as good as Ussyk but he comes in with the same doubts pe0ole have about Ussyk.

Berman needs to manage him correctly as he comes in with a top 20 rankings. He should take on someone like Yoka or Mckean or even Wallin whose struggling to get an opponent maybe on Fury v Joshua undercard to get exposure.
        Last edited by Tonyu; 09-20-2022, 08:19 AM.

Comment

I saw the fight Larena is a very boxer but he is small for heavyweights and lacks power. He hit his opponent with everything and it was his first test against a genuine heavyweight.I just feel big guys will bully him .
          Tonyu Tonyu likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X