Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol: I Wanted Buatsi Fight Because It Was Offered To Me; Things Change, Glad It Happened Like This

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol: I Wanted Buatsi Fight Because It Was Offered To Me; Things Change, Glad It Happened Like This

Dmitry Bivol admits that he was caught off guard by the news of his next confirmed title defense. The unbeaten WBA light heavyweight titlist will next face mandatory challenger and former WBO super middleweight titlist Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez (44-0, 30KOs). The bout is set to headline a November 5 DAZN show from Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He wanted the Buatsi fight because it represents the easy UK money. Ramirez is a better opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      He wanted the Buatsi fight because it represents the easy UK money. Ramirez is a better opponent.
      Ramirez is certainly the better opponent, so it will be a more difficult fight for Bivol. Should also be much better payday for Bivol, so the extra risk is compensated for. Better fight for fans as well.

Comment

Boxing fans got what they asked for on this occasion. Buatsi should see if he can get passed Pascal’s roided corpse in the meantime.

Comment

This is code for, he's an easier opponent that would of made me more cash... Bivol never wanted the Ramirez fight, he only took it because he would be stripped if he did not.
          Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

It's a known fact Bivol has ducked Zurdo in the past but he was stuck with nowhere to run now.

Comment

"I WANTED $h!t because it was offer to me" Bivol.
              Last edited by boxingitis; 09-19-2022, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post

Ramirez is certainly the better opponent, so it will be a more difficult fight for Bivol. Should also be much better payday for Bivol, so the extra risk is compensated for. Better fight for fans as well.
                I totally agree.

Comment

JFC, this guy’s a next level practitioner, but sounds like he’s happy to have little input into his career and who he faces, in particular.

Other boxers who allow their promoter to carefully manage any and all aspects of their destiny like this get accused of ducking, such as Crawford or Tank.

Comment

Ramirez has a real shot at winning this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X