Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'Bam' Rodriguez: Come Saturday Night, I'm Gonna Solidify That I Am 'Fighter Of The Year'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 'Bam' Rodriguez: Come Saturday Night, I'm Gonna Solidify That I Am 'Fighter Of The Year'

LAS VEGAS - Jesse "Bam" Rodriguez was preparing to fight another nondescript opponent on an undercard at a minor-league baseball stadium at this time last year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I can't fault this young man's self confidence, I believe him!
    Ropeydope Ropeydope likes this.

Comment

The kid’s got my vote. I think the way he moved up and battered two of the division’s best in succession gives him the edge over Usyk for FOTY.

Comment

He’s the front runner, he’ll have to closeout the year strong to keep favorite status this year.

In a normal boxing year, he would be poised to runaway, but he has to contend with the winner of Spence-Crawford and Bivol (if he defeats Ramirez). Honorable Mention to Jermell Charlo, who limited himself to one fight this year after one of, if not, the best win of the year.

Props to Bam, who blew right past prospect status to breakout star and strong FOTY contender.

Comment

Fighting a -1,400 betting underdog doesn't make you fighter of the year.

Comment

He will be great fighter. I am rooting for him.

Comment

This is a wild year to compete for Fighter of the Year.
              He has to deal with the following:
              Inoue destroying Donaire & possibly Butler to unify bantamweight.
              Spence stopping Ugas & possibly beating Crawford.
              Bivol beating Canelo and possibly an undefeated Ramirez.
              Fury stopping Whyte and possibly Joshua.
              Bam has a good chance to become FOY,
              but the competition is fierce and the outcome far from decided.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
                Fighting a -1,400 betting underdog doesn't make you fighter of the year.
                Good point. If he is fighter of the year, he cannot just say after Saturday night he will be because he is not fighting anyone that impacts whether he is or not. I've never even heard of the guy he is fighting.

Comment

Beating Israel Gonzalez doesn't add anything to help him win the award.

Comment

Working...
                  X