Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Comes In Slightly Heavier Than Canelo For Super Middleweight Debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Comes In Slightly Heavier Than Canelo For Super Middleweight Debut

LAS VEGAS - Gennadiy Golovkin gave an intense Canelo Alvarez a smile as they were separated on stage Friday following their ceremonial weigh-in. Now that they've made weight at a jam-packed plaza outside of T-Mobile Arena, these rivals barely have to wait 24 more hours for their third fight. Four years and two days after Alvarez won their 12-round middleweight championship rematch by majority decision, they will return to T-Mobile Arena to compete in another 12-rounder for Alvarez's IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO super middleweight crowns.
    [Click Here To Read More]

G looks a lot healthier at this weight. Both look solid. Canelo didn't seem as cut as he was against Plant tho. Best of luck to both tomorrow.

Comment

Ggg going to carry severe punching power at 168 ,canelo will need to have his D game on point 2morrow night,its going to be epic trilogy war

Comment

Best GGG has looked for a long time with those extra 8lbs

I haven’t thought he’s looked good on the scales really since the Kell Brook fight, That’s when he started looking like the weight was really hard work to make

Comment

GGG looks POWERFUL. If Canelo doesn't somehow stop Golovkin early he's in for a world of ****... Its common sense not to be punched in the head repeatedly by someone who has already demonstrated his technique at 160 but n0ow has significantly more presence.

I mean can you imagine how heavier GGG's ram rod jab will be now!
          Hnnnggg Hnnnggg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyDeebo! View Post
            Ggg going to carry severe punching power at 168 ,canelo will need to have his D game on point 2morrow night,its going to be epic trilogy war
            nelo gon be in for another surprise come saturday night!

Comment

I wonder how Golovkin will perform with the extra weight, although it's more comfortable to make this weight.

I think he might be a bit more flat footed, not move around as well, but still carry that big power. Canelo is also powerful, and he's used to super middleweight, so he does have the advantages.

But it's going to be a compelling fight, which will probably heat up by the middle rounds. I predict a points victory for Canelo, but GGG is well in with a chance. I doubt there's any stoppage for either fighter. Enjoy.

Comment

Golovkin catch this more straight foward canelo coming in and buzz him more, while golovkin has upped his back foot game, golovkin wins if no robbery.

Comment

Canelo has every possible advantage against a 40 yr old visibly dimished skill wise Ggg. Canelo will have at least a 10lb weight advantage when they step into the ring. As the odds indicate - this will be a significant upset if Canelo loses. Weak by Canelo for waiting for Ggg to age another four years…every fan wanted to see the 3rd fight right after the war that was the second fight. Canelo didn’t want to go through another war with a still near prime Ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                    G looks a lot healthier at this weight. Both look solid. Canelo didn't seem as cut as he was against Plant tho. Best of luck to both tomorrow.
                    The real weigh in was earlier today. What you saw broadcasted was a show. They’ve already been rehydrating.

Comment

Working...
                    X