Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Promoter Dismisses Rumors that Benn Fight Is in Jeopardy: The Fight's On, Has Never Been Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eubank Promoter Dismisses Rumors that Benn Fight Is in Jeopardy: The Fight's On, Has Never Been Off

The promoter of Chris Eubank Jr. rejected the recent rumor that his charge's tentpole fight with Conor Benn was at risk of being cancelled. Kalle Sauerland responded to a query regarding the news that Eubank's father, the former boxing star, intended to pull
    [Click Here To Read More]

This man and his cronies , inc. Hearn are no different from Don King , Jr. says he can only be 40% and Benn is fighting a guy 2/3 divisions higher ....the word rehydration!!! the warning signs are there but these promoters couldn't give a fuk. about the sport that has made them millionaires ...pure greed , farce of a fight.
    Sr. is right!
    RoadMan94 RoadMan94 rudy rudy like this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      This man and his cronies , inc. Hearn are no different from Don King , Jr. says he can only be 40% and Benn is fighting a guy 2/3 divisions higher ....the word rehydration!!! the warning signs are there but these promoters couldn't give a fuk. about the sport that has made them millionaires ...pure greed , farce of a fight.
      Sr. is right!
      And on the other side, as far as I'm aware, no one forced Eubank Jr to sign the contract, and no one forced him to start calling out Welterweights like Brook - even after he'd retired, he also talked about fighting Terrence Crawford (and let's not mention the Jake Paul call out).

But the thing, because Eubank Jr is a highly ranked middleweight and has a following in the UK, he would've have had options to fight the likes of Andrade (who called him out) or Liam Smith (another one who called him out) -- let's face it, Eubank Jr is in this situation/fight because he wants to be.
      Last edited by Body the jab; 09-13-2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

More worried about Connor get getting a real beating or brutally knocked out

Comment

Yeah people was reading way into eubank with the KFC buckets and stuff like the guys trolling and trying to wind it up. If eubank comes in and looks somewhat fresh despite the extra few pounds off at the weigh in i think he'll batter conor benn

Comment

I think eubank will be ok. If he feels weak during fight and realises he hasn't the energy to win, or to throw punches or get out of benns bazookas he can always say no mas, eubanks safety is paramount importance.
            You can always rematch Benn at 160 anothervday. Losing to Benn ain't end of world

Comment

Sr. is right!
              Warning signs what warning signs? are we forgetting how he spoke about "weight" when talking about the potential Brook fight - “The guy walks around at 180-pounds. He walks around heavier than I do. He fought Gennady Golovkin at 160 and got into the ring at 168 on the night, when I fight at 160, the maximum I put on is five pounds. He will be bigger than me on the night if we fight at 160."

That wasn't exactly an eternity ago, truth be told he shouldn't have much if any issue making weight or dealing with rehydration clauses, sounds like a built-in excuse should he lose.
              Last edited by Boro; 09-13-2022, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Sr. is right!
                Them same people (Matchroom) threw Dave Allen in with a juiced up Ortiz and offered no testing whatsoever. Dave got £8000 and a promise of 6 figure paydays regardless of result. Never happened. That kid was at his lowest, in debt due to gambling and Eddie knew this, that’s why I rang Dave knowing how desperate he was at that point. White rhino didn’t have the skills to do much else than box, maybe he shouldn’t take it, but when you’ve gotta eat, what ya supposed to do? Here is where the “team” comes in and protects a fighter from himself , not throw him in with a juiced up King Kong.

Dave Allen couldn’t speak for 10 weeks after that fight, up close his cut tongue and inside of his mouth looked horrific.

Comment

Chris Eubank Senior can't help himself. Always has to throw a spanner in to the works. If you're that worried about your son remove him from boxing all together.

Comment

Working...
                  X