Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Any Al Haymon Fighter Is Going To Be a Problem For Making Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Any Al Haymon Fighter Is Going To Be a Problem For Making Fights

Oscar De La Hoya isn't entirely confident that cross promotional fights with Premier Boxing Champions can be made--through no fault of his own, the promoter said.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Al haymons formula holds boxing back . All these fighters are not mayweather . Some , many are overpaid . Even thurman cant get a fight with spence .

the sancioning bodiea take sides and just add more belts .

Comment

It’s the Going Broke Promotions formula. Probably the worst promotions in boxing at the moment. PBC TR putting on the best fights this year. Oscar doesn’t want Charlo and DAZN is about to get rid of him. Zanfer had a deal for Charlo-Munguia and Oscar stepped in and ruined it and it looks like same thing is happening with Davis-Garcia because why would Ryan tweet that agreed to all negotiations for December. Looks like Oscar is never going to work with the man who took half of his company it’s only hurting him and boxing though.
      220F5E6B-0F8D-4CC1-BA6A-B535661DA248.jpeg

Comment

So, no mention that Oscar insisting on dazn involvement which is a major stumbling block just as showtime/fox are on the other side.

Or why doesn't Oscar make an offer on whatever fight he wants to make in order to be lead promoter?

The reality is GBP just doesn't have the promotional and/or financial clout to put together deals to make the major fights.

Comment

he can't run things.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            So, no mention that Oscar insisting on dazn involvement which is a major stumbling block just as showtime/fox are on the other side.

Or why doesn't Oscar make an offer on whatever fight he wants to make in order to be lead promoter?

The reality is GBP just doesn't have the promotional and/or financial clout to put together deals to make the major fights.
            They had Canelo last year. He brings in more revenue than the whole pbc roster. Ryan Garcia needs Haney to get the belts and he could avoid the Pbc. Just become mandatories and bid on them.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

You beat me to it. I don’t mind Oscar, I think he is the more logical choice for dazn in America over young Edward but even Oscar has mastered the art of scapegoating an easy target which Haymon is for various reasons. Oscar is using dazn as a reason to not send his fighters to other networks. By comparison, Haymon aligned fighters have gone to other promotions and networks more than any other promotion’s fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

You beat me to it. I don’t mind Oscar, I think he is the more logical choice for dazn in America over young Edward but even Oscar has mastered the art of scapegoating an easy target which Haymon is for various reasons. Oscar is using dazn as a reason to not send his fighters to other networks. By comparison, Haymon aligned fighters have gone to other promotions and networks more than any other promotion’s fighters
                not really. Oscar consistently makes the most dangerous fights for Jo’s guys with is promoters. He just had Garcia fight PBC’s Fortuna, has Zurdo vs Bivol, did JoJo vs Haney, etc.

bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Oscar's entire argument falls apart when you ask why Andrade vs. Munguia couldn't be made? Why couldn't Haney vs. Garcia be made? So even when both fighters are aligned with DAZN, it still couldn't be made! The common denominator is Oscar himself!

Comment

Oscar stopped Munguia Andrade but tried to make Santa Cruz Rigodeaux which was stopped by Haymon
                    Haymon tried to make Charlo Munguia but it was stopped by Oscar.

Not sure why Munguia is so important. Looks real crude to me still after 50 fights.

Team Baby Bottle - Munguia, Benavidez, Ramirez, Wilder, Jermall Charlo

Comment

Working...
                    X