Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Banks Wants Golovkin To Show All His Skills, Not Just Power, Against Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Banks Wants Golovkin To Show All His Skills, Not Just Power, Against Canelo

Johnathon Banks, the head trainer of Gennadiy Golovkin, believes his fighter is going to upset the odds this coming Saturday night, when he faces Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in a trilogy fight at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'd love to see Golovkin apply some serious pressure to the body but I doubt we will see that...

Comment

Canelo lost his aura of invincibility against Bivol

Comment

love that. Mentally Disabled Sanchez only wanted GGG to fight 1 way like a meathead slugger. When GGG went on his backfoot and boxed beautifully, Mentally Disabled Sanchez couldn't mentally comprehend the sweet science.

So happy GGG removed that mental patient from his life.

Comment

Banks is a smart guy. I like Jonathan & I like GGG. In the end, he & GGG both know that if the fight is very close Canelo will get his hand raised so they gotta do a lot more than win to get a UD. I honestly believe they can but they have one massive mountain to climb

Comment

I agree with the above comments for the most part! Abel hurt GGG when he pushed him to be a meat headed fighter. I think Jonathan Banks will keep G in a better boxing rhythm than Abel. I think 2 things are in G’s favor; 1. He has been fighting less as he’s getting older.
            2. He’s fighting more towards his natural weight. I don’t think G realized how bad the 160 cut, for his entire career, has been on his body. I think he will have a bit more stamina.
            Can’t Wait!
            BoloShot BoloShot Mirus Mirus like this.

Comment

GGGeezer is unskilled bum whose only arsenal is throwing 1000 inaccurate punches per fight. Canelo will 12-0'd him if not KO'd.

Comment

Golovkin built his career as a hard-punching pressure fighter. He had a form of stalk-n-smash that had A-listed fighters dodging him for many years. I still think he could beat Canelo with that formula. Banks doesn’t think so. He’s trying to reconfigure GGG as a slickster. Color me doubtful.

And it’s unnecessary. If there’s a guy in this fight who can’t win from the back foot, it’s Canelo. A return to the hyper-aggressive Golovkin would have Canelo backing up and darting to the side all night long. And when you’re on the run, you’re subject to getting caught, knocked down, maybe out.

I’m definitely no fan of Canelo, but I do recognize that the man has some good moves. When it comes to carrying out a Mayweather-style contest of fighting in a phone booth and not getting hit, I just don’t see GGG as being really strong on that skill set. If that’s GGG’s strategy, I predict a points victory for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  love that. Mentally Disabled Sanchez only wanted GGG to fight 1 way like a meathead slugger. When GGG went on his backfoot and boxed beautifully, Mentally Disabled Sanchez couldn't mentally comprehend the sweet science.

Boxed beautifully = Absorbed Canelo's every single punch with his head/body and took punishment of his life.

Sanchez knows GGGeezer better than anyone on the planet. He said if he tries to box again, he will get smashed. GGGeezer is durable slugger not more. He is limited boxer.

He'll fight like second fight and will leave ring with stretcher.
                  Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

You're an idiot of you really believe that dumb **** you just typed. If it wasn't for Abel ggg would have been a nobody.
                    nino brown21 nino brown21 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X