Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edgar Berlanga's Trainer Believes His Boxer Can Eventually Win A Title At Cruiserweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edgar Berlanga's Trainer Believes His Boxer Can Eventually Win A Title At Cruiserweight

Edgar Berlanga roared loudly following the first 16 fights of his career. While the violent stoppage victories placed the super middleweight contender on the map, Juan De Leon, Berlanga's new trainer, becomes agitated when his fighter's knockout power begins to steal all of the headlines.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don’t believe Berlanga is good enough to win a title a junior middle weight even if they let him weigh in at 168.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some of what his trainer is smoking must be lethal to have him tripping this much.
      real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

WTF, Berlanga is weak. You can see it in his body and face. He is soft, got dropped by 154 pounder in sparring.

Comment

It kills me when a trainer assumes all this greatness and the MF’er has yet to win a title in one weight class! I think because of his following he can make some good money, but he better put it away because I just don’t see the natural talent or chin he would need to be elite. Not in this lifetime!

Comment

so the unstoppable wreaking ball bit has ground to a halt its now jump ship to multiple weight champ, ok

Comment

I don't see it. Edgar Berlanga was looked at as the next great Puerto Rican fighter but at this point I doubt he's even going to get the level of the next Juan Manuel Lopez.

1. He is very hittable.
              2. He follows his opponents around the ring rather than sets traps.
              3. He head hunts.
              4. Not too quick in any way you can measure quickness.
              5. Rough tactics make him lose his cool and do stupid crap that could get his disqualified.

His trainer is right on one thing though. He needs at least 3- 4 more fights before you even think about putting him in there against a top guy. First thing you do is match him up with someone whose know for rough if not downright dirty tactics like a Sakio Bika. That way you can see if he got his head on together and won't go all Cannibal when things get a little messy. Next you put him in there against someone its hard to look good against like an Issac Chilemba to see if he's learned anything about setting traps, working the body and being patient. Then you put him in there with someone who has power but is beatable to make sure he can fight aggressively but with discipline. Maybe David Lemieux or Daniel Jacobs. 4th fight....who knows. Maybe another young prospect. Maybe another veteran guy like a Gabe Rosado or an Andre Dirrell. If he gets passed these 4 guys then its time to just say **** it....let's see what we got.
              Last edited by TrollyMcTroll; 09-11-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

This is how I rate his last 4 opponents Demond Nicholson B- (80) , Marcelo Coceres B= (82) , Steve Rolls B- (82) and finally Roamer Alexis Angulo B (83) .

Edgar Berlanga managed to get past all of em ( albeit barely) without much experience. His first 16 fights hurt his development more then it helped. IF and it's a BIG IF he's able to grow from these fights . He can still become a problem for some of the top guys .

On pure physical ability dude is a B (84) level fighter , let's see if in his next fights he's actually capable of improving. If not he will end up getting knocked out once he steps up to top 10 level fighter's. Chin is worrisome
                Last edited by Ricardi; 09-11-2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Depends, really. If the cruiserweight class has a Wal-Mart employee as a champion when he moves up, then yes. He can win a belt there.
                  AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

He can't cut off the ring, can't make adjustments, doesn't have punch selection, doesn't take angles, doesn't use his jab. They talk and talk about what he's doing in training but it doesn't show in the ring. I don't see him as world class in any division without major changes. Talk about squandering your opportunity and momentum.

Comment

Working...
                    X