Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Subriel Matias-Jeremias Ponce Vacant IBF Title Fight Delayed Due To Ponce Visa Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Subriel Matias-Jeremias Ponce Vacant IBF Title Fight Delayed Due To Ponce Visa Issues

Subriel Matias will have to wait a little longer for his first shot at a major title. An ordered vacant IBF junior welterweight title fight between Puerto Rico's Matias and Argentina's Jeremias Ponce is now on hold. The bout was targeted for October 15 but is now pushed back, due to Ponce reportedly not being able to
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wilder-Helenius was shaping up to be a great overall card now it has taken a little bit of a hit.
    armindo54 armindo54 likes this.

Comment

How in the hell can Ponce have any visa issue's, when he knew damn well, and good that he was going to have to travel to the U.S.A., for the title shot.
      It's beginning to look like he just might not want to fight Subriel " Browny" Matias, in the U.S.A., or anywhere else for that matter, I hope that I'm Wrong about that.
      I really want to see these two undefeated power punching knockout artist square off, to see who's still left standing in the middle of the ring after the smoke has cleared.

Comment

Quite disappointing. I was really looking forward to this one.
        Marvin Santiago Marvin S likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
          How in the hell can Ponce have any visa issue's, when he knew damn well, and good that he was going to have to travel to the U.S.A., for the title shot.
          It's beginning to look like he just might not want to fight Subriel " Browny" Matias, in the U.S.A., or anywhere else for that matter, I hope that I'm Wrong about that.
          I really want to see these two undefeated power punching knockout artist square off, to see who's still left standing in the middle of the ring after the smoke has cleared.
          Agreed. It’s a piss poor excuse. Hopefully that’s not the reason why. It sucks for Matias as well. It’s so hard for him to get a good opponent.

Comment

Definitely a big disappointment
            Just wanna see more of Matias

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

Agreed. It’s a piss poor excuse. Hopefully that’s not the reason why. It sucks for Matias as well. It’s so hard for him to get a good opponent.
              You know if Jeremias Ponce is having trouble with his visa, then have the next highest Contender who's available replace him for the vacant title.
              Then we'll see how difficult, or how easy it is for Jeremias Ponce to fix his visa issue's, but he'll have to wait for the first title defense of the winner of the vacant title between whoever replaced him, for the vacant title against Subriel Matias.

Comment

Visa problems? Sounds dam fishy to me. Ponce traveled to Germany for his 2 most recent fights. Germany has stringent visa requirements just like the USA, yet he was able to get a visa to enter the country. He knew months ahead of time this fight was going to happen. He had more than sufficient time to hash out any visa problems that could arise. This stinks to high heaven!

Comment

Which reminds me, Is Josh Taylor still on the ''No Fly list'' like Tyson and Tommy Fury? Or does Teo have to whoop his ass at the Hydro?

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

He's making the excuse with more than a month before the fight is supposed to take place, this is pure bull****.
                    Jeremias should lose the opportunity to fight for the vacant title this go round, he's forfeited his right due to his or his camps suspicious excuse.
                    Subriel should fight the next available contender in the top ten for the vacant IBF Super Lightweight Title on 10/15/2022, or soon their after.
                    Jeremias Ponce should have to earn his shot at the title all over again, as a lesson to all other fighters who would have the audacity to weasel out of a title fight under what appears to be false pretenses.
                    This fight has been held up for way to long as it is, he's traveled to other parts of the world with his visa, but he has visa problems NOW?
                    You've heard of the saying no way Jose, well Jeremias has just given birth (no pun intended), to a knew saying that's going to haunt him for the rest of his career.
                    That new saying which he's given birth to is No Way Ponce!!!Kill that noise.

Comment

Working...
                    X