Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roiman Villa Drops, Out-Points Janelson Bocachica In Eight-Round 'ShoBox' Opener

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roiman Villa Drops, Out-Points Janelson Bocachica In Eight-Round 'ShoBox' Opener

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Roiman Villa won on points for the first time in 26 professional fights Friday night, but the knockout artist also established himself as a welterweight worth watching.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There you have it Bocachica, said he learned in the Bunch fight that you can't always rely power, you have to box sometimes to win.
    The in his first fight back faces a puncher who had won all of his fights by Knockout (big mistake), decides to slug it out, gets dropped, and decisioned.
    You don't stay away from the sport for over a year, and upon your return to the ring fight a bigger puncher. not a good move by his people.
    Hopefully he'll come right back, stay active, and work his way back the right way, then maybe he can salvage his career.
    Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
      There you have it Bocachica, said he learned in the Bunch fight that you can't always rely power, you have to box sometimes to win.
      The in his first fight back faces a puncher who had won all of his fights by Knockout (big mistake), decides to slug it out, gets dropped, and decisioned.
      You don't stay away from the sport for over a year, and upon your return to the ring fight a bigger puncher. not a good move by his people.
      Hopefully he'll come right back, stay active, and work his way back the right way, then maybe he can salvage his career.
      Bocachica deserves respect for taking on challenges. Same thing as Cobbs.

We can't criticize ones that take challenges and criticize ones that don't.

Strategy was probably not the best, but they looked at records. The guys Villa sparked weren't anything to write about.

Comment

Bocachica timing was extremely off. He looked worst than ever. I don't see how he can improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Bocachica deserves respect for taking on challenges. Same thing as Cobbs.

We can't criticize ones that take challenges and criticize ones that don't.

Strategy was probably not the best, but they looked at records. The guys Villa sparked weren't anything to write about.
          Bocachica does deserve respect, It was more of an analysis than a critique, and the fault lies on his management team.
          Keep in mind that Blair Cobb has never been out of the ring for over a year, which effect's the boxers timing, and sharpness, etcetera.
          Villa's knockout 's weren't against anyone to write about, but the point is that anyone with that many knockout wins always # 1. has a puncher's chance.
          Just look at how close Bocachica came to becoming one of those nothing to write about knockout victim's and # 2. you never punch with a puncher.
          Bocachica broke two cardinal sin's of boxing, and his team broke another # 3. never bring back a fighter whose been inactive for a lengthy period of time, against a knockout artist.
          If he doesn't get critiqued, and make the necessary correction's to his fighting technique, next time he might get knocked out, or disqualified for spitting out his mouth piece to by time to recuperate.
          I'm going to end this post reply like, like I ended my initial comment to this post, good luck brother, ( stay active, sharp, and moving up in the ranking's), because this did set him back.

Comment

Bocachica does deserve respect, It was more of an analysis than a critique, and the fault lies on his management team.
            Keep in mind that Blair Cobb has never been out of the ring for over a year, which effect's the boxers timing, and sharpness, etcetera.
            Villa's knockout 's weren't against anyone to write about, but the point is that anyone with that many knockout wins always # 1. has a puncher's chance.
            Just look at how close Bocachica came to becoming one of those nothing to write about knockout victim's and # 2. you never punch with a puncher.
            Bocachica broke two cardinal sin's of boxing, and his team broke another # 3. never bring back a fighter whose been inactive for a lengthy period of time, against a knockout artist.
            If he doesn't get critiqued, and make the necessary correction's to his fighting technique, next time he might get knocked out, or disqualified for spitting out his mouth piece to by time to recuperate.
            I'm going to end this post reply like, like I ended my initial comment to this post, good luck brother, ( stay active, sharp, and moving up in the ranking's), because this did set him back.
            See, I would normally agree, but we straight up saw the undefeated Big Knockout Boxing champion, Gabe Rosado, go in there and basically violate everything you called out to spark out NSB's 'eye test' in the Bully Bektemir...completely against ALL ODDS.

Comment

Villa has power and it’s real

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

See, I would normally agree, but we straight up saw the undefeated Big Knockout Boxing champion, Gabe Rosado, go in there and basically violate everything you called out to spark out NSB's 'eye test' in the Bully Bektemir...completely against ALL ODDS.
                Yeah but if you'll recall the the Bully Bekttemir, had hurt Rosado, and him in serious trouble with his back against the ring post.
                It appeared to me that Rosado through a desperation shot (those count to), and caught the Bully coming in so that punch landed with double the impact.
                The Bully got greedy, and in his haste to take Rosado out got himself caught by a counter punch that laid him out.
                He never saw the punch coming, and those are the type of punches that knock you out, great job on Gabriel Rosado's part for stopping the Bull in his track's.
                I also found out that Bocachica had 3 fights fall through which is what caused the delay to his ring return, but the points that are made are still valid.
                Bocachica displayed a lot of heart in going the full distance after being hurt so badly in the second round, and does deserve the world of respect, I never said he didn't.

Comment

Yeah but if you'll recall the the Bully Bekttemir, had hurt Rosado, and him in serious trouble with his back against the ring post.
                  It appeared to me that Rosado through a desperation shot (those count to), and caught the Bully coming in so that punch landed with double the impact.
                  The Bully got greedy, and in his haste to take Rosado out got himself caught by a counter punch that laid him out.
                  He never saw the punch coming, and those are the type of punches that knock you out, great job on Gabriel Rosado's part for stopping the Bull in his track's.
                  I also found out that Bocachica had 3 fights fall through which is what caused the delay to his ring return, but the points that are made are still valid.
                  Bocachica displayed a lot of heart in going the full distance after being hurt so badly in the second round, and does deserve the world of respect, I never said he didn't.
                  I'm just sayin, anything can happen. Bocachica also could have gotten a spark out - he just had the wrong gameplan. Wasn't about the layoff or the opponent, he just had the wrong strategy, just like Cobbs against Rocha (Cobbs should NOT have lost against Rocha) and Rolly against Tank (Rolly was going to get caught, but he shouldn't have gotten caught like THAT).

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    Villa has power and it’s real
                    Yeah i was ringside last night and you could hear it. I give Bocachica props for making it to the final bell.

Comment

Working...
                    X