Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andy Ruiz Decks Luis Ortiz Three Times in Tough Win - HUGE Gallery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Andy Ruiz Decks Luis Ortiz Three Times in Tough Win - HUGE Gallery

Ruiz, Ortiz Fight Photos Gallery - Los Angeles - In a high stakes heavyweight fight, former unified world champion Andy Ruiz (35-2, 22 KOs) needed three knockdowns to win a twelve round unanimous decision over Luis Ortiz (33-3, 28 KOs). (photos by Ryan Hafey)
    [Click Here To Read More]

I still remember when Luis Ortiz had Wilder basically knocked out on his feet and the referee gave Wilder illegal extra time to recover and then Wilder got the stoppage win. Oh what good memories
    byfbnz byfbnz eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

I can't see Ruiz getting past Wilder - too easy to hit

Comment

Wilder crushes Ruiz... too long with that right hand. Ruiz loves to be punched in the mouth. Bad combo...

Comment

3 comments lol

no love for this fight

ruiz was fortunate for those knock downs

remove those knock downs, you got oritz 7-5(115-113) and 6-6(114-114)

Comment

I'm not picking anyone, it's a toss up fight. What cracks me up on here is someone saying Ruiz was "lucky" to get those 3 KD or he would of lost, Okay, it's not luck, it's called putting your opponent on his a**, if the case was luck, why didn't Ortiz get the KD to win the fight? Another comment about Ruiz won't beat Wilder because he gets hit to much, okay, it is boxing, people do get hit, and from what I saw Ruiz didn't get almost knocked out like Wilder did against Ortiz only to be saved by the Ref, as far as getting hit to much, does Wilder not get hit? Because Las thing I remember is Wilder being KTFO in his last fight by a guy who has pretty decent speed, and there lies the problem for Wilder, Ruiz has fast hands and can take a pretty good punch, it's a pick em fight and all Ruiz has to do is get on the inside and use his speed, because one thing we do know is that Wilder can't fight on the inside, just throws haymakers, and boxing skills are questionable at best.
            blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

I watched this. Ruiz aoart for the 3 kd did very little. I think he gets floored by Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                I'm not picking anyone, it's a toss up fight. What cracks me up on here is someone saying Ruiz was "lucky" to get those 3 KD or he would of lost, Okay, it's not luck, it's called putting your opponent on his a**, if the case was luck, why didn't Ortiz get the KD to win the fight? Another comment about Ruiz won't beat Wilder because he gets hit to much, okay, it is boxing, people do get hit, and from what I saw Ruiz didn't get almost knocked out like Wilder did against Ortiz only to be saved by the Ref, as far as getting hit to much, does Wilder not get hit? Because Las thing I remember is Wilder being KTFO in his last fight by a guy who has pretty decent speed, and there lies the problem for Wilder, Ruiz has fast hands and can take a pretty good punch, it's a pick em fight and all Ruiz has to do is get on the inside and use his speed, because one thing we do know is that Wilder can't fight on the inside, just throws haymakers, and boxing skills are questionable at best.
                Already posted the 3 Wiilder/Ruiz scenarios.

1. Breazeale
                2. Ortiz II
                3. Washington - Ruiz gets up from the initial knockdown, Wilder starts to windmill and Ruiz punches in between and catches him like AJ. From that point, it depends on how hurt Wilder is.

The fact that Ruiz's feet go nowhere, his head sits in a tunnel (AJ 2 and Arreola peppered him with rights all night) and Wilder is athletic and will fight at arm's length (doesn't tend to fight bent down and go hook for hook like AJ, more of an arms length fighter like Vlad), lets me believe Wilder will get maximum velocity full extension on the right and the outcome will look like 1 and 2.
                Last edited by hhh1200; 09-06-2022, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X