Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alberto Puello Hopes To Unify Titles With The Ponce-Matias Vacant IBF Title Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alberto Puello Hopes To Unify Titles With The Ponce-Matias Vacant IBF Title Winner

Alberto Puello made history in August when he captured the vacant WBA super lightweight title. The 28-year-old southpaw was able to fend off a stern challenge from the rugged Botirzhon Akhmedov in Hollywood, Florida to win a split decision in a bout televised by Showtime. Puello made history with the victory, becoming the first
    [Click Here To Read More]

Any unification is sweet music to my ears, so lets hope mandotories don't get in the way & he get's his wish.
    KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Puello looked really good in his historic victory, too many people underestimate him

Comment

The other week he wanted Teofimo Lopez next. Well that didn't last long lol. Maybe Puello is gonna be one of those guys that mentions someone different every other week. I think he's a bit naïve to be fair. My guess is that since mentioning Teo, he's been educated a little, and now knows that fight ain't gonna happen, and that it'll be Matias he is more likely to get at some point.

Comment

I noticed he never mentioned the Taylor-Catterall winner or Prograis-Zepeda winner (who to be fair will need to fight Ramirez next).

Matias-Ponce v Puello should be good viewing though

Comment

Alberto Puello just won the WBA 140 pound title, does he really want to risk losing it in his first defense, even if it is for a unification bout?
            Okay so who ever wins between Matias versus Ponce would be taking the same kind of risk if this their next fight would be the unification.
            You would think that they would want to get a defense or two prior to going for a unification bout, but if they're daring to be I'm all for it.
            I've got Subriel Matias taking both of them out by knockout, winning the vacant IBF title against Ponce, and beating Puello for the WBA belt.
            If that were to occur Jeremias Ponce, and Alberto Puello, would be the 4th, and 5th undefeated fighters, that Matias has defeated so far.
            Last edited by Boricua181; 09-03-2022, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Garbage.. ignoring this trash LOL.. vacants talking about unifying with vacants LOL

Comment

It only makes sense! Winner of Prograis vs. Zepeda must face Ramirez. Taylor already showed no interest in Puello, which is how he got a title fight in the first place! Personally I would like to see Gary Antuanne Russell fight Puello (or Tank), and Matias fights Shojahon Ergashev, if he beats Ponce. I also hope Teofiom Lopez Jr. fights Arnold Barboza Jr. in December, and the winner faces Taylor vs. Caterall winner! 140 is red hot!
                Last edited by Bronx2245; 09-03-2022, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
                  I noticed he never mentioned the Taylor-Catterall winner or Prograis-Zepeda winner (who to be fair will need to fight Ramirez next).

He never mentioned them because he knows they aren't pbc. He's a realist.

Matias/ponce winner is his only hope for a unification
                  Last edited by Hustle; 09-03-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post

Puello needs to fight Ismael Barroso next.

Comment

Working...
                    X