No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: A Winning Tie: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: A Winning Tie: Weekend Afterthoughts

Sometimes, not losing is good for everyone. No one likes a draw but for veteran former titlists Jose Pedraza and Richard Commey it wasn't a bad result. As expected, fans got a good fight on Saturday night. Each man was buzzed in spots, working through it and continuing to push for avenues to victory. Commey's big punch factored heavily in Pedraza's approach early. Pedraza's skill and steady work factored late, particularly with his work to the body.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought Teofimo Lopez vs. Arnold Barboza Jr. was a lock for the Post-Heisman show? I guess not. In that case, I think Pedraza gets Lopez, and Barboza gets Commey. Pedraza better draw in NYC than Commey!

Bob Arum envisions Teofimo Lopez facing Jose Pedraza next at 140⋆ Boxing News 24
    December 11, 2021

Via Dan Ambrose: Bob Arum says that when Teofimo Lopez returns to the ring at the age of 140, he wants to fight him with the next Jose ‘Sniper’ Pedraza. Teofimo (16-1, 12 KOs) will be racing in the light weight class from now on, as long as he has been medically cleared by the Cleveland Clinic, according to Arum.

Undisputed former lightweight champion Teofimo, 24, injured his lungs and esophagus while preparing for his final bout against George Kambosos Jr. on November 27th.

Teofimo ultimately lost to Kambosos in 12 rounds, and some believe his injury was the cause of his defeat.

Arum says Pedraza (29-3, 14 KOs) will face former WBC/WBO lightweight champion Jose Ramirez next, and regardless of the outcome, he wants to schedule a ‘Sniper’ vs Teofimo

https://24ssports.com/bob-arum-envis...oxing-news-24/

Last edited by Bronx2245; 08-30-2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X