Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Roman, Former Unified 122-Pound Champ, Announces Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Roman, Former Unified 122-Pound Champ, Announces Retirement

Danny Roman earned his place in the sport the hard way. The former unified junior featherweight titlist can take tremendous pride in a blue-collar career upon reflection now that he claims to be done with the sport. Roman took to social media with a sudden announcement Monday evening that he was hanging up the gloves, less than three months after his most recent bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Danny was a good warrior that got robbed against MJ. He was outmatched against Fulton and I respect that he wants to retire instead of becoming a gatekeeper to the top level. He could surely still beat plenty of ranked fighters and maybe even pick up another belt somewhere but he's walking away after getting beaten by the true top talent in the division.
    Marvin Santiago Marvin S likes this.

Comment

Enjoy your retirement, champ
      Marvin Santiago Marvin S 1hourRun 1hourRun like this.

Comment

“I was making minimum wage working at Yoshinoya,” recalled Roman. “I told myself 2014 was the year something had to happen or I was going to quit boxing.”

“At that moment, I never would’ve thought I would become a world champion.”

https://www.ringtv.com/560495-danny-...tion-as-champ/

Maybe now you can wash dishes at ' El Pollo Loco', haha! Kidding champ, you had a fun entertaining career, sad to you see go.

KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Hopefully he made enough to retire comfy but I doubt it. His last match should of been against figuroa and not special gift Futon

Comment

Originally posted by Cuck article writer
            Roman came up well short in his June 4 clash with the rising pound-for-pound level talent

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            Danny was a good warrior that got robbed against MJ. He was outmatched against Fulton and I respect that he wants to retire instead of becoming a gatekeeper to the top level. He could surely still beat plenty of ranked fighters and maybe even pick up another belt somewhere but he's walking away after getting beaten by the true top talent in the division.

Sorry, nice try.
            Play again next time.
            We actually watch the fights.
            MD against Greer, a now top rank journeyman.
            SD against Adam Lopez, also now a top rank journeyman.
            Should have a big stinking L against Figueroa.

Dude is overrated ****. Typical of ldbc standards.
            Dude has more gifts than Santa Claus during christmas.

Comment

No one and I mean ABSOLUTELY no one can ever take the fact that you became a world champ from you! For the rest of your life, people can refer to you as “champ” and not me wrong! Congrats you earned it, now time to move on to the ultimate fight of life… and become and stay champ at that too!

Comment

Former unified champion. Probaly made some okay money he fought quality fighters in his weight class. Won't be a hall of fame career but only a handful are but it was still successful one so good luck to the guy in his next chapter

Comment

I feel like he was an underrated unified champ. Shame he didn't get a rematch with MJ, iirc Danny said he didn't have a full training camp for the fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X