Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Cornerman on 9th Round: Usyk Was Weathering The Storm; Was Fine When He Came Back to Corner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk Cornerman on 9th Round: Usyk Was Weathering The Storm; Was Fine When He Came Back to Corner

Russ Anber thought Anthony Joshua's ninth round in his WBA, WBO, IBO and IBF heavyweight title rematch against incumbent champion Oleksandr Usyk was a tad overblown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Typically I would say it's a fighters corner spinning. In this case after watching that round a few times I would agree. Despite Joshua putting together some good body punches and being the aggressor it really never looks like Usyk was in serious trouble. Many of the punches were deflected or missed completely.

Comment

People like russ are needed in boxing. Great fella. Glad to see him doing well. Onto his corner comments. Whilst watching live, I thought Joshua had usyk on Queer Street. But after watching it again, I can see russ point.

I just think Joshua has told us, he’s not a 12 rd fighter. And he couldn’t start the fight like he fought in round 9 because he wouldn’t of seen it past the 6th.

Joshua is dangerous for most heavyweights In the first half of the fight, after that, he’s cooked. He just cannot fight at a decent pace all night. It’s not his strength.

I also found AJ comments about Usyk being a southpaw rather odd too, considering he smoked Charles Martin who is a southpaw himself.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post
        People like russ are needed in boxing. Great fella. Glad to see him doing well. Onto his corner comments. Whilst watching live, I thought Joshua had usyk on Queer Street. But after watching it again, I can see russ point.

I just think Joshua has told us, he’s not a 12 rd fighter. And he couldn’t start the fight like he fought in round 9 because he wouldn’t of seen it past the 6th.

Joshua is dangerous for most heavyweights In the first half of the fight, after that, he’s cooked. He just cannot fight at a decent pace all night. It’s not his strength.

I also found AJ comments about Usyk being a southpaw rather odd too, considering he smoked Charles Martin who is a southpaw himself.

Same, I thought the round was bigger live, which has inspired me to start a new forum topic on the subject.

Re: Aj getting past the first half of the fight; he got a second wind against Wlad some years back, but yeah, he could do with training for 4 mins x 15 rounds like my man, Oleksander did before the first. Assuming he didn’t already.

Tbh, barring injuries or whatever, all these HWs should be doing this ****

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Same, I thought the round was bigger live, which has inspired me to start a new forum topic on the subject.

Re: Aj getting past the first half of the fight; he got a second wind against Wlad some years back, but yeah, he could do with training for 4 mins x 15 rounds like my man, Oleksander did before the first. Assuming he didn’t already.

Tbh, barring injuries or whatever, all these HWs should be doing this ****
          On a serious level now, I don’t mind Joshua. And if he had just been allowed to be himself all the way through, I’d be a huge fan. I can relate to certain parts of his story. It’s great boxing gave him an avenue.

I’ve been locked up, and when Joshua speaks on his near miss, he sounds proud he got caught dealing and was close to going jail. I can’t respect that at all! In odd interviews he loves bragging about what he was. Same with the uni students. He loves acting like he’s a gang banger and that he’s in with them. When he isn’t at all. It’s the same reason lots of youth don’t respect him round the area he grew up in.

This stupid act he had going was worse thing he could do. It was always gonna catch upto him and that’s why people reacted the way they have.

He acted like he was an ATG and that popularity is most important and it’s just not. Now he wants to do U turn and he’s now this guy that’s got a quarter the experience as everyone else.

If that’s the case he should of turned down the Martin fight and gained experience with guys that could challenge him. Go watch Joshua opponents in his first 10/11 fights.

he was simply underprepared for the highest level. It’s why Eddie tried his best to avoid the fights he knew were dangerous. Once you a world champ you can’t moan about your lack of experience!

on the whole, he’s done brilliantly. Him and wilder to of started so late, become successful in olympics and both became heavyweight champs! If that ain’t success, I don’t have a clue what is.

It’s okay to be good but not good enough. When we start taking away from Usyk achievement and the pressure he was under though, it makes me resent Joshua, Eddie and his fans that are helping this agenda.

he lost. He will never beat usyk and his times up at the very top.

that’s ok too. But he needs to learn what his new role is. No more demands, no more ducking the fights the fans want. He has to step up now.
          Last edited by RoadMan94; 08-29-2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Usyk did weather that storm well, and Joshua is not as clinical a finisher as some may have thought.

In the first Ruiz fight, AJ had Andy down, but couldn't put him down again.

Usyk, from footage I've seen, hasn't been clearly knocked down as a professional, I saw the one borderline low punch.

Fury would be the firm favourite, although he can get sloppy as well and has been knocked down a few times, but always gets up. There's no one else for them to fight really, Fury and Usyk, although Oleksandr vs Wilder would be fun.
            P to the J P to the J Sayithowitisuk Bob like this.

Comment

"Indeed, even one of Usyk’s trainers, Robert Garcia, recently stated that he believed Joshua lost his mental confidence in that round due to Usyk’s dominance."

Wtaf? Does anyone proofread this drivel? Since when has RG trained Usyk?

Comment

I agree, live the 9th was exciting but upon a rewatch most of the childish one's punches were air shots & hitting the gloves when they did connect. Usyk was alway's under control & moving well trying to make space. No wonder the superior race gassed with all those misses.

Comment

As much as the commentators wanted to will it into existence, Usyk was never in any trouble - he let Joshua shoot his load rather than engage.
                  BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Usyk should of sat on the stool all 12 rounds untill the bell, thats what AJ did, to preserve more energy.
                    Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 08-29-2022, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X