Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mogens Palle, Hall of Fame Promoter, Passes Away at 88-Years-Old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mogens Palle, Hall of Fame Promoter, Passes Away at 88-Years-Old

Danish promoter, matchmaker and manager Mogens Palle has passed away at the age of 88 after a long battle with cancer. Palle officially retired after the show he staged on April 22 of this year in Copenhagen after Enoch Poulsen won the EBU super lightweight title and Sarah Mahfoud retained the IBF female featherweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The Danish scene was massive in the 90s. Was a healthy era for the sport even in Europe with a booming British scene and also healthy German scene as well. Would love to see the Danes and the Germans regain the status their scenes had
    rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

You can't beat Father Time.

Unless you are Don King, who is definitely thinking about corrupting the judges of his life.

Comment

Didn't he royally sabotage Kessler's career sometime between the Calzaghe and Ward fights?

Comment

God comfort his loved ones.

I didn't know much about this promoter, but as we get a better perspective on life, and after these past few years, I think we should truly love each other.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            Didn't he royally sabotage Kessler's career sometime between the Calzaghe and Ward fights?
            Yeah, there was a fallout where, as I recall, Palle couldn't secure big fights for Kessler. I think it went to court and he ultimately left Palle for Sauerland.

Palle had control of the Danish boxing scene and for a while they had some big fights and decent fighters there: Bredahl brothers, Kessler, Damgaard, Nielsen, etc.
            rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              How you work that out

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                How you work that out
                Articles here on BS from that time period.

Comment

Working...
                X