Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Pedraza: I'm Ready To Give Richard Commey A Rematch Because He Deserves One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Pedraza: I'm Ready To Give Richard Commey A Rematch Because He Deserves One

Jose Pedraza hoped that a victory over Richard Commey on Saturday night would've moved him into position to fight Teofimo Lopez next.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What brand of gloves did Commey wear?

Comment

The fight's dynamics changed when Commey got cut, I felt he was on his way to a knockout win. He slowed down his pace after that head clash.
      NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

I thought Comney had a hard time with the southpaw stance of Pedraza
        Only problem is Pedraza’s got no bite

Comment

It was a great fight! I would love to see Ryan Garcia vs. Jose Pedraza @ 140, but we know the politics! A rematch of Pedraza and Commey in NYC just makes too much sense!

Comment

i had 3.4.6.8 even. 99 - 96 pedraza. great body work too.

Comment

I wish more fighters had the class and mindset of Pedraza and Commey.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fight, very nice pairing of styles. The cut definitely played a factor as did Pedraza's dedicated assault to the body. I had Sniper edging it but I thought it was a very close fight.

I'd have no issue with them running it back in a 12 round fight.

Comment

I wanna see the judges scorecards. I felt pedraza cruised the 10th round and gave it away to Comney. He could have took it in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by trippleupper View Post
                  What brand of gloves did Commey wear?
                  Those are Fly boxing gloves. They have become popular of late, especially in the UK. However, they are banned in Nevada, at least in WBC matches. Any fight under the WBC can't have its fighters use Fly.
                  trippleupper trippleupper likes this.

Comment

There were some swing rounds there. The 12th round was a swing round. Pedraza had a strong round in either the 11th or 10th round. I think it was the 11th. But Commey, aside from the first round, pummeled Pedraza every round until he suffered the cut from a head butt. And after that he won a couple rounds. So Commey should have won this, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X