Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kambosos Says Rematch Clause Took Away 'Do Or Die' Mentality in First Haney Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kambosos Says Rematch Clause Took Away 'Do Or Die' Mentality in First Haney Fight

George Kambosos Jr. admits he did not have his usual urgency during his lopsided loss to Devin Haney. The Aussie native suffered a comprehensive points defeat to Oakland, California's Haney in their undisputed lightweight championship in June at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne, Australia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting. this fight should be better than the first

Comment

You mean the jab took away the do or die mentality.

Comment

I heard it was Jeff Horn that jinxed George Kambosos for being a 'rat', working with Manny Paquiao.
        Last edited by 1hourRun; 08-26-2022, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Not buying it but we'll see what happens in the rematch.

Comment

These comments from George sound weird coming from him. Now he is saying it's do or die to motivate himself, I guess. Thing is, Haney will prob move up soon, then he could have another crack of the whip.

Anyway I said before the only way he wins is with pressure. He'd have to constantly push Devin back and throw way more punches. I reckon he could physically do it cause he's very tough and at least has good reflexes. It would have to be literally do or die.

I actually think Haney's jab is kinda overrated because it is a single accurate jab scores and does damage but against a real pressure style I'm not sure it would be that useful. It's not like Bivols that can land from any angle and in rapid fire.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              Interesting. this fight should be better than the first
              He is the Andy ruiz or Leon Spinks for 2022 to be blunt Michael Katsidis is ten times better Kombozobum

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
                These comments from George sound weird coming from him. Now he is saying it's do or die to motivate himself, I guess. Thing is, Haney will prob move up soon, then he could have another crack of the whip.

Anyway I said before the only way he wins is with pressure. He'd have to constantly push Devin back and throw way more punches. I reckon he could physically do it cause he's very tough and at least has good reflexes. It would have to be literally do or die.

I actually think Haney's jab is kinda overrated because it is a single accurate jab scores and does damage but against a real pressure style I'm not sure it would be that useful. It's not like Bivols that can land from any angle and in rapid fire.
                Not weird at all. He's just making an excuse in sneaky fashion. Plus his corner didn't help matters.

Comment

Kombosos trying to psych himself out to find a reason why he lost. Truth of the matter is that it should be do or die for every opponent, and facts are that Haney beat him once and will beat him again, Haney is a better boxer than him and Kombosos is a product of Lopez being drained, mentally not prepared, and having bad coaching on the part of his father. Kombosos is what he is, a decent fighter, but not a fighter who is at a high level.
                  charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

He could start by training to counter those grab and hold tactics that Haney did. If he doesn't do that, it will just be a repeat.
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X