Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Joshua Did Better, But Was In With a Better FIghter With Better Skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren: Joshua Did Better, But Was In With a Better FIghter With Better Skills

Frank Warren has countered the take of rival promoter, Eddie Hearn. In a recent interview, Hearn - who promotes heavyweight Anthony Joshua - explained the reasons behind the boxer's decision to throw two titles out of the ring after losing his rematch with Oleksandr Usyk last Saturday in Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ofc Eddie said that he was emotional himself his meal ticket just went up in smoke lol. That was really embarrassing his behaviour after the fight right up till he finished and dropped the “bismallah” at the end. Painful stuff.

Comment

Warren is right here, but I’m sure he would of done the same thing if AJ was his fighter. A big part of promotion is spin, you need to be well versed in it too succeed in the harsh boxing world.

Comment

"Of course they were interested in the belts, I mean what bull**** is that? That's what it is, it's bull****. He was emotional. I think Joshua was maybe a bit embarrassed about what happened in the ring, at the end of the day he's lost his fight," Warren told The Sun.

I agree with Warren, 100%

Comment

I bet Josh wants a 3rd crack at usyk. But Josh v fury is a big fight

Comment

Joshua as I have stated is in the same situation as Vlad (3 KOs) and Lennox (2KOs) but is/was on a faster timeline than both of them. Stop playing around and go over to Knonk and get real training. I know why he picked Robert Garcia, just stupid, but it is what it is. That fight was about a draw going into the 10th and Garcia isn't deep enough to get Joshua through the final 3 rounds like Steward or Hill. Rebuild at Knonk (I'm not sure about the Heavyweight Factory in Florida), pick Wilder off first in the UK stadium fight, and then go after the winner of Fury/Usyk or restart the belt collection tour. He is still the most marketable in the division. Just do it right this time. One problem was Hearn, the greedy promoter, not pacing him right. Remember Canelo literally had 25 fights before he fought anyone and don't get started with Wilder and his offspring Ramirez 44-0 and Benavidez 38-0

Last edited by hhh1200; 08-26-2022, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Joshua had a good run, but he never achieved road warrior status. His hometown edge was blatant even in the olympics. The Italian beat him worse than Usyk, but for only three rounds. His America debut was a disaster, he never went back. Saudi Arabia is a sad tale about a 24 ft ring and out running a fat man. On the road? AJ has nothing on Hrgovic, Zhang, or Joyce.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                Joshua had a good run, but he never achieved road warrior status. His hometown edge was blatant even in the olympics. The Italian beat him worse than Usyk, but for only three rounds. His America debut was a disaster, he never went back. Saudi Arabia is a sad tale about a 24 ft ring and out running a fat man. On the road? AJ has nothing on Hrgovic, Zhang, or Joyce.
                Joshua beat Cammerelle in the gold medal match - I can’t remember having an issue with that result, but I remember thinking he clearly lost to Savon in his opener, so never should’ve gotten through to the medal stages. Definitely an element of a home town decision - happens at all Olympics sadly!

He’s been matched incredibly well by Hearn to get as far as he has (and earn as much as he has) despite the limitations in his game - not sure you can expect an Olympic gold medalist from London to fight away from home too often, but maybe he will now following the double Usyk loss.

Expect AJ to have a rebuild fight next (prob against Whyte, who looked finished against Fury) and then maybe aim for Wilder, or Fury if he beats Usyk, both fights on a win or bust basis.

Comment

Fair play to fish eyes, he usually cant help himself when it comes to anything Hearn related but hes being perfectly reasonable there and not rubbing it in. Joshua did the best he could, he just doesnt have the tools for the job, theres not really an approach he could have taken that would allow him to win consistently against someone with Usyks attributes.
                  P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
                    Joshua as I have stated is in the same situation as Vlad (3 KOs) and Lennox (2KOs) but is/was on a faster timeline than both of them. Stop playing around and go over to Knonk and get real training. I know why he picked Robert Garcia, just stupid, but it is what it is. That fight was about a draw going into the 10th and Garcia isn't deep enough to get Joshua through the final 3 rounds like Steward or Hill. Rebuild at Knonk (I'm not sure about the Heavyweight Factory in Florida), pick Wilder off first in the UK stadium fight, and then go after the winner of Fury/Usyk or restart the belt collection tour. He is still the most marketable in the division. Just do it right this time. One problem was Hearn, the greedy promoter, not pacing him right. Remember Canelo literally had 25 fights before he fought anyone and don't get started with Wilder and his offspring Ramirez 44-0 and Benavidez 38-0

Hold on, forget about pacing someone right; we ain’t promoters. Just show us the decent fights.

I don’t wanna see boxers having 50 fights before they fight a live dog, and neither should anyone else.
                    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X