Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder On Joshua's Performance Against Usyk: 'You Can Tell He Wasn't Himself'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder On Joshua's Performance Against Usyk: 'You Can Tell He Wasn't Himself'

Deontay Wilder apparently believes Anthony Joshua was not in the right mindset during his highly anticipated heavyweight title rematch with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Booooooooomb squaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Comment

The pot calling the kettle black. Wilder has perfectly described himself in this interview. He was bottle-fed by PBC and Sulaiman during his 5+ years reign as WBC champion.

Comment

Ohhhh Deontey and your conspiracy theories.

Comment

Wilder better keep quiet because Usyk will retire him for good.

Comment

I hate this narrative that Joshua was GIVEN everything Like he didn't beat several undefeated contenders
            Like he didn't get off the canvas to beat Klit
            Like he didn't become the first to knockout Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Poeticman7 View Post
              I hate this narrative that Joshua was GIVEN everything Like he didn't beat several undefeated contenders
              Like he didn't get off the canvas to beat Klit
              Like he didn't become the first to knockout Povetkin.
              I think its fair to say he was handed the belts. Yes he beat a number of decent fighters after that but they always picked his opponents carefully milking the cow.

Comment

I really can't confirm this assessment because I've never noticed it. During the fight; Joshua looked just fine to me inside of the ring. Perhaps, not so much in the build up to the fight outside of it. However, at least during the fight; He appeared both mentally prepared and focused to me. Then again I am not a professional boxer. So Deontay must have noticed something I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post
                  The pot calling the kettle black. Wilder has perfectly described himself in this interview. He was bottle-fed by PBC and Sulaiman during his 5+ years reign as WBC champion.
                  I disagree. Deontay Wilder had at least 5 voluntary defenses of his World WBC heavyweight title and those opponents were all either avoided or undefeated like Luis Ortiz and Tyson Fury.

Now when comparing that to Anthony Joshua's championship reign; He had only one voluntary defense of his World heavyweight titles and all the rest were mandatories challengers.

Which means that Wilder took more risks outside of the ring than Anthony Joshua did. So your narrative about Wilder being bottle-fed is completely false.
                  MONGOOSE66 MONGOOSE66 JLC JLC like this.

Comment

I guess AJ "wasn't himself" in the first fight with Usyk, either. Or the first fight with Ruiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X