Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Relinquishes IBF Title; Jeremias Ponce-Subriel Matias Vacant Title Fight Ordered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Relinquishes IBF Title; Jeremias Ponce-Subriel Matias Vacant Title Fight Ordered

Josh Taylor remains the lineal junior welterweight champion but with only one physical title in tow. Boxingscene.com has confirmed that the unbeaten Scottish southpaw has officially vacated his IBF 140-pound title. The move follows weeks of speculation that Taylor would relinquish title, as he eyes a rematch with England's Jack Catterall that will likely take place November 26 in Manchester or Glasgow.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Matias will outright kill Ponce
    Alexis67 Alexis67 likes this.

Comment

Matias got beat up by that Armenian guy. He doesn’t deserve a title shot. That belt has no value.

Comment

Originally posted by Javcar View Post
        Matias got beat up by that Armenian guy. He doesn’t deserve a title shot. That belt has no value.
        Maybe Matias was still messed up after he literally killed that russian guy.

Comment

You mean the one he just beatdown and TKO'd in his last fight? Time to pay more attention once Matias gets that belt he will be the boogeyman of the division.
          mgame mgame Marvin Santiago Marvin S like this.

Comment

I don't think it'll be a walk through for Matias. He's strong but very easy to hit and Ponce has a punch. I can see it going rounds and someone getting stopped late but it's 50-50.

Comment

Solid matchup, both beats Taylor!

I put my money on Matias by KO, he's a freaking beast!
              Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Someone doesnt watch boxing lol

That was the fight right after Matias killed Dadashev. Matias was messed up and understandably. But you didn't know Matias rematched that Armenian and stopped him in brutal fashion.

Taylor is scared shytless of Matias that's a fact.

Matias will hurt poor Ponce.
                Last edited by Regge; 08-24-2022, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Matias hands down

Comment

Taylor is a smart guy. I don't think he can make 140, but he scattered the titles into the wind. Why should he let somebody get, in one fight, what took him four or five to get. Worse, they want him to defend them all for the price of one. That's not right, he earned those titles one by one vs the cream of the crop.

Comment

Working...
                    X