Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barry Hearn On Usyk-Joshua: If We Had Won On Points I Would've Felt As Though We Stole Something

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barry Hearn On Usyk-Joshua: If We Had Won On Points I Would've Felt As Though We Stole Something

Not even Barry Hearn believes his star charge Anthony Joshua did quite enough to beat Oleksandr Uysk. The founder and president of Matchroom Sport, Hearn offered an honest assessment of Joshua's performance against Ukraine's Usyk in their heavyweight title unification rematch last Saturday in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The fight went the distance, with Usyk winning a split decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fair assessment by Barry.

Comment

That's good to hear. Makes you wonder what that judge saw giving it to AJ when even AJ's own promoter's father didn't... Clearly that dude needs to be checked out. I also put the blame on how AJ felt afterwards on that judge. He gave AJ the thought that he could of won the fight or perhaps that he should have when in reality, he did BETTER but no way won it.

I also feel like, split decisions when it should of been unanimous when you watch an awesome performance, take a bit out of the performance because you think, well if he did that great, how did he win a SPLIT?

Yeah, leaving it to the judges, always sours a great evident in most cases.
      Last edited by ELPacman; 08-24-2022, 09:12 AM.
      P to the J P to the J Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Tiger Woods was the only black guy in a white mans sport, and he dominated it for years.
        There have been mostly black boxers before Joshua, and many better than him.
        Nonsense statement by Barry. AJ and Woods have not had similar careers at all.
        Muhammad Ali was the biggest thing ever in boxing 60 years ago!

Comment

Barry Hearn is right. Well at least to me, I thought the fight was close going into the championship rounds but those were the rounds that Usyk dominated. It clearly showed that he wanted it more and did just a little bit more than Anthony Joshua had in those rounds.

Comment

i thought that whatever was to happen we were not supposed to be discussing AJ not putting his foot on the accelerator and letting his hands go but thats what barry just talked about

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
              That's good to hear. Makes you wonder what that judge saw giving it to AJ when even AJ's own promoter's father didn't... Clearly that dude needs to be checked out. I also put the blame on how AJ felt afterwards on that judge. He gave AJ the thought that he could of won the fight or perhaps that he should have when in reality, he did BETTER but no way won it.

I also feel like, split decisions when it should of been unanimous when you watch an awesome performance, take a bit out of the performance because you think, well if he did that great, how did he win a SPLIT?

Yeah, leaving it to the judges, always sours a great evident in most cases.
              It was a loaded judge, by Eddy

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                i thought that whatever was to happen we were not supposed to be discussing AJ not putting his foot on the accelerator and letting his hands go but thats what barry just talked about
                I think he did empty the tank round 9 tbh.

The conditioning of Usyk that night just seemed far too much for AJ to deal with perhaps even over his skill.

What I did notice was an exhausted AJ was able to get in close in round 12 bull Uysk around a bit. Usyk probably finally tired himself at that stage.

Still would be interested how Tyson Fury handles Usyk Could he beat him with length. Seems to me he would still come in big and spend the early rounds in close, holding, leaning, pulling all that stuff probably until he lost a point. And why wouldnt he with a 3 stone and natural strength advantage. Prizefighting and it is a free hit depending on the ref
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 08-24-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Hearn is right here, but would he be saying it publicly if it actually happened. We'll never know but at least the right man got the nod.

Comment

Barry has always had logic and sense and of course he's right , had there have been three crooked inept judges like the one who ridiculously scored it to Joshua by two rounds then boxing would again have suffered on the world stage.Instead two were on the right side and only one on the money with he wider margin.

Comment

Working...
                    X