Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Ortiz To Headline ESPN+ Show October 29 At MSG's Hulu Theater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Ortiz To Headline ESPN+ Show October 29 At MSG's Hulu Theater

The site has been solidified for what will be Vasiliy Lomachenko's first fight in 10 months. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Lomachenko and Jamaine Ortiz will meet in a lightweight fight October 29 at Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theater in New York. The bout between Lomachenko and Ortiz will be the main event of a card ESPN+ will stream from the venue downstairs from the main arena where the Knicks and Rangers play their home games.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man I missed watching Loma. Glad he's back. Hopefully being in the Ukraine and his age hasn't affected him much.

Comment

Happy to see him back, but this matchup shows you the CRAP state of boxing right now. This is nonsense.

Comment

With a name like Jamaine dude already lost... wtf were his parents thinking. Lol

Loma 35 and still on his bum of the month campaign. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
          With a name like Jamaine dude already lost... wtf were his parents thinking. Lol

Rolly was ranked 20th and they made that a PPV for Tank

Ortiz is ranked 11th and Loma's fighting a bum

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

So Herring was bum? I guess Kambosos is a bum as well.
            sidefx996 sidefx996 likes this.

Comment

Not crazy about this match up but there isn’t really any any good realistic match up that would make sense. Haneys tied up, Ryan and Lopez are at 140, shakur is tied up & at 130 still, Tanks got a TBA lined up for December, not gonna bother with any other PBC guys cuz that’s not happening either so then like who’s really left out there?

Loma, Haney & TR all seem to be on board for a Loma Haney clash in early 2023 after they both win their fights. Win or lose I’m not really sure where Loma goes from there. He’s not gonna go to 140 he’s already one of the smallest 135 lbers.

My guess is, TR hopes he beats Haney since it’s the last fight on Haneys contract with them. They probably then give Loma a fight or two before giving him Shakur in a pass the torch fight

Grandma Pleaser Grandma Pleaser likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
                Happy to see him back, but this matchup shows you the CRAP state of boxing right now. This is nonsense.
                It's just a tune up before he fights for undisputed.
                NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

I can only picture Jamaine from Filght of the Conchords. Brett as his manager of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
                    Ffs the man hasn’t fought in a year and is coming from a war zone not a yacht vacation. I understand the disgusts over other match making but you take an L on this one bro. You want him to fight who coming from a war zone? Who tf else would you hold to that standard?

Comment

Working...
                    X