Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Ready For Generational Clash: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk Ready For Generational Clash: Weekend Afterthoughts

There are lots of words that get overused in sports. Legacy is one. Lebron James will have a legacy in the NBA. Tom Brady will have one in the NFL. Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Wladimir Klitschko...they all left one in boxing. Most of their supporting players will be what the supporting players in any era are.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fury needs this fight. Who has he really beaten. The Wlad fight was horrible. If Wlad fought like he did against Joshua I believe Fury would have been KO’d. Cunningham put him on his ass. Wilder fights were exciting but he isn’t regarded as a good boxer just a one punch KO artist. Who has Fury beaten besides those two names? He talks a lot of trash but imho he resume is not elite. Usyk maybe smaller but at least he is skilled. So stop all the non sense about retiring and become undisputed.
    Last edited by surpass; 08-23-2022, 06:49 AM.
    Rapscallion Rapscallion likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by surpass View Post
      Fury needs this fight. Who has he really beaten. The Wlad fight was horrible. If Wlad fought like he did against Joshua I believe Fury would have been KO’d. Cunningham put him on his ass. Wilder fights were exciting but he isn’t regarded as a good boxer just a one punch KO artist. Who has Fury beaten besides those two names? He talks a lot of trash but imho he resume is not elite. Usyk maybe smaller but at least he is skilled. So stop all the non sense about retiring and become undisputed.
      Your talking like a clueless hater.
      Yes Fury Klitschko was a horrible watch but Klitschko was to old & shot at 39 to hit Fury with his constant twitch movement. At 41 Klitschko was phisically even worse but Ajs lack of movement & iq being so many levels bellow Fury, that made Klitschko Aj a more even fight & Aj didn't beat Klitschko, father time did, Aj was done in the 6th but Klitschko was to old to finish the job.
      Fury does need the fight for the legacy of undesputed but if he did retire now the history books will read he beat 2 world number 1s for all the belts in theyre own back yards as the underdog, had the biggest trilogy since Bowe Holyfield with a former world number 1 & just out classed #4 or 5 Whyte in the biggest modern stadium event ever in the uk, not bad for a Gypsy
      Tecnoworld Tecnoworld likes this.

Comment

Some fighters have a greatness gene. It comes out under fire. With their back to the wall, the thin line between legacy and co-star is defined by fighters who have the gene.
        That ''Gene'' is very rare, it usually develops in men that have a wild-boar diet. The signs are balding, rapid muscle growth, improved recovery. Some side effects include : fluid retention ( especially around the love handles) and irritability, mood swings, aggression or depression.

Comment

"Feldman’s was the first card Usyk has ever lost as a professional"

Finally I got the reason behind that crazy card.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

That ''Gene'' is very rare, it usually develops in men that have a wild-boar diet. The signs are balding, rapid muscle growth, improved recovery. Some side effects include : fluid retention ( especially around the love handles) and irritability, mood swings, aggression or depression.
            Hahahaha, very good! Thanks.
            1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

I would love to see this fight, but I think Fury wins it easily. Fury's movement is easily the best in the heavyweight division, and he would show Usyk angles combined with power that he hasn't seen before. Usyk is an amazing fighter and I think he would be competitive, but I would give Fury a UD, and possible KO after round ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
                Dude I'm just talking fact... if Fury retired today (if he even keeps his words about anything anymore) where would he rank as all time heavy weight? You said it yourself Wlad was 39 and shot, so which it it? So that's a good victory for Fury or was Wlad too old? The only reason Fury got all the belts at once was because Wlad already had them. He didn't beat all the other champs to get them. Look at how many unfeated fighters Wlad fought and beat.

You think if Wlad fought with the urgency and fire like his brother did that Fury wouldn't have been on his ass in that fight? Who do you think would win if Fury fought Vitali? Vitali fought with half his face falling off and still didn't go down. I don't think he has ever been knocked down.

Fury's biggest wins are and old Kilt like you said and a one dimensional fighter in Wilder. Whyte, lol. I'm not a hater I'm just stating facts.
                Last edited by surpass; 08-23-2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post

Yes Fury Klitschko was a horrible watch but Klitschko was to old & shot at 39 to hit Fury with his constant twitch movement. At 41 Klitschko was phisically even worse but Ajs lack of movement & iq being so many levels bellow Fury, that made Klitschko Aj a more even fight & Aj didn't beat Klitschko, father time did, Aj was done in the 6th but Klitschko was to old to finish the job.
                  Fury does need the fight for the legacy of undesputed but if he did retire now the history books will read he beat 2 world number 1s for all the belts in theyre own back yards as the underdog, had the biggest trilogy since Bowe Holyfield with a former world number 1 & just out classed #4 or 5 Whyte in the biggest modern stadium event ever in the uk, not bad for a Gypsy

"Yes Fury Klitschko was a horrible watch but Klitschko was to old & shot at 39 to hit Fury with his constant twitch movement" So if Klitschko was too old to hit Fury, then why wasn't Fury able to hit, drop and stop an old and shot Klitschko -- the one thing which could have put an end to that absurd and embarrassing event which was supposed to be a championship fight? What, other than Fury's lack of offensive talent, was keeping him from hitting and stopping Wlad? Other fighters dropped and stopped Wlad both before and after Fury fought Wlad. To date, Fury's most distinguished opponents have been Wlad, who was old and shot, and then Wilder, who had such a dearth of boxing skills that he was too inept not only to finish off Fury after dropping him in the twelfth round of the first match, but also unable to finish him off after twice dropping him in round four of the third match, only to be dropped and stopped himself. So tell me, who is it that Fury has fought that qualifies Fury to be any more than an above average heavyweight in the history of heavyweight boxing? As I see it, Fury has not yet defeated any fighter that would qualify him for any level of renown or greatness, and to include Fury on any list of highly ranked heavyweights is to close one's eyes to reality and swallow whole the propaganda of mass media and its legion of imbeciles.

Comment

Working...
                  X