Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Fury is Best at Heavyweight, Uses His Weight Effectively, He Can Beat Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch: Fury is Best at Heavyweight, Uses His Weight Effectively, He Can Beat Usyk

After watching the fight on Saturday, former super middleweight world champion Carl Froch feels confident that WBC heavyweight king Tyson Fury will defeat WBO, IBF, WBA, IBO champion Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I guess we'll never know if this bi-polar a$shole doesn't fight Usyk, now will we? I'm puzzled with this Fury hype train- he fought 39 y.o. Klitschko and half boxer, half walking cannon Wilder with gatekeeper Whyte. And he's already an ATG for some reason. AJ's resume is twice as deep and so many people continue to write him off while putting this loud mouth dumbass on the pedestal. If Fury wants to go down as an ATG, he needs to beat Usyk, AJ and Joyce. If he does, I'll be the first to say he's an ATG. If he only beats Usyk, he's HOF, but not sure about ATG.

Comment

Yes Froch, Fury uses unique angles from which to land, but that he used them to land on a Wilder that is so easy to tag that even Gerald Washington landed on him does not, for me, constitute solid evidence of the potential outcome of a bout vs Usyk.

People need to understand, the latter is a real boxer. Wilder, nothing against him, ain’t. Wilder is not a template that you can simply place down in a fight against someone with Usyk’s movement.

Got a feeling that when, or if, this fight happens, Fury night need to let Usyk come to him, and use movement similar to that for his fight with Wlad. We’ve seen that trying to hit the man in the face is like trying to catch a feather with chopsticks.

As I said pre-AJ, just piling forward won’t work. Anyone expecting Fury to bomb forward and just lean on Usyk to wear him out should think again. Fury’s an intelligent man, and he knows this won’t work, too.
      Last edited by P to the J; 08-21-2022, 02:36 AM.
      shwaap shwaap Slowhand Slowhand like this.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
        I guess we'll never know if this bi-polar a$shole doesn't fight Usyk, now will we? I'm puzzled with this Fury hype train- he fought 39 y.o. Klitschko and half boxer, half walking cannon Wilder with gatekeeper Whyte. And he's already an ATG for some reason. AJ's resume is twice as deep and so many people continue to write him off while putting this loud mouth dumbass on the pedestal. If Fury wants to go down as an ATG, he needs to beat Usyk, AJ and Joyce. If he does, I'll be the first to say he's an ATG. If he only beats Usyk, he's HOF, but not sure about ATG.
        ———-
        Why are you so angry? Fury has clearly gotten your head.

When Fury beats Usyk and perhaps Joyce, will there really be a need to fight AJ?
        Wilder would blast AJ out the ring if they fought so would that make Wilder an ATG?

Is it possible to respond without making it personal?

Comment

Another boring Fury hater.

Joshua's resume is 'twice as deep' despite 3 losses and having never beaten a real champion?

GTFOH
          Good ol' Douglas Good ol' Douglas likes this.

Comment

If anbody beats usyk its fury

Comment

Gtfoh. Joshua's resume is 2x deeper in terms of granddads, taxi drivers, tomato cans, payday chasers and losing three times.

Comment

I tell you, Usyk won't be easy for Fury. But yes, Fury does use his usual advantages in size, height and reach most effectively, so I think he would outpoint Oleksandr.

Usyk would have a chance though, we saw how Fury struggled a bit against Cunningham, and Usyk is much better. But Fury has also improved.

​​​​​​Big respect to Joshua too, for not sucking anyone and taking on Usyk, and he didn't really have to. He was emotional and didn't handle things quite appropriately after the fight, but hey, it's boxing, it's a hard sport and humans make mistakes.
                Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Cmon now, AJ beating Fury`s water taker Parker makes his resume deep?

Comment

The argument of who someone has fought is only one piece of the puzzle. This really bothers me about haters in boxing. Because Wlad was older when Fury beat him, The wind means nothing and it gives people full control to say really mean things about Fury.
                    The majority of the pieces of the puzzle are that he is an exceptional boxer who is undefeated and recently has found exceptional power. Just because he fingered you doesn’t mean you should hate him.

Comment

Working...
                    X