Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk-Anthony Joshua Rematch, Undercard Weigh-In Results From Jeddah

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk-Anthony Joshua Rematch, Undercard Weigh-In Results From Jeddah

Oleksandr Usyk put to rest any talk of his coming in significantly heavier for his rematch with Anthony Joshua. The two-division and reigning unified heavyweight champ tipped the scales at a fight-ready 221 1/2 pounds, almost identical to his weight for his upset win over Joshua nearly one year ago. Joshua was 244 1/2 pounds, four pounds heavier than his weight of 240 pounds their first fight last September as he bids to become a three-time unified heavyweight titlist.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-19-2022, 11:08 PM.

So Usyk ends up just 1/4lb heavier than last time.
    AJ 4 1/2lbs heavier.
    ​​​​​​
    Gonna be a real interesting fight.

Bring it on
    NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Thought Tibati was fighting Tyrone Spong??? Spong fail more drug tests?

Comment

The announcers or presenters need to explain the weights of the fighters, in pounds, stones and kilograms. That is why people watch weigh in's. The pundits seem to not know Joshua's weight.

So Joshua is at 244 pounds, I predicted he would be between 242-244. That is solid.

He appears heavier but looks light. All good.

Joshua endurance, durability and power is worst the lighter he is. At 240 pounds and under Joshua for me, goes backwards.

Usyk around the same weight as last time, which I expected.

Comment

Both men look ready, i hope it's a good fight!

Comment

Weights are pretty similar to before. AJ a few pounds heavier but not really a significant difference. He always looks in good condition in the 240’s, so not much of a talking point

Usyk basically the same as before. I knew he wasn’t bulking up like people said, why would he? He’s too smart to start sacrificing his speed and agility against a stiff fighter like AJ. He knows he can hurt AJ, so he doesn’t need added bulk for that.

Looking forward to it. Going for Usyk mid to late stoppage this time but hope it’s a good fight and we see a less timid AJ. Not sure we will once he takes a few shots.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 08-19-2022, 07:28 AM.
            P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Weights are pretty similar to before. AJ a few pounds heavier but not really a significant difference. He always looks in good condition in the 240’s, so not much of a talking point

Usyk basically the same as before. I knew he wasn’t bulking up like people said, why would he? He’s too smart to start sacrificing his speed and agility against a stiff fighter like AJ. He knows he can hurt AJ, so he doesn’t need added bulk for that.

Looking forward to it. Going for Usyk mid to late stoppage this time but hope it’s a good fight and we see a less timid AJ. Not sure we will once he takes a few shots.
              The bulking up talk was ridiculously.

Usyk has worked his way up to 220 pounds, and that is a solid weight.

Especially when you are a fighter who turns over their punches with speed and accuracy, that is solid.

I was expecting Joshua to be a tad Heavier. I have never liked him at 240 pounds and under, all of his attributes go backwards around those weights.

Comment

Both weighing about what you'd expect. Both look in great condition.

Hopefully there aren't any injuries - not often we get huge fights like this with no excuses or asterisks.

I'll take Usyk by decision, but I'm hoping Joshua can find a way to get him out of there.
                NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Yeah all the talk about usyk bulking up was ridiculous like why would he take away some of his mobility a strong attribute of his he's way to smart of a fighter to do that. Joshua at 244lbs is a good weight for him. Still be a big presence but he's not overly bulky that could effect his stamina which usyk will do he will make you work harder than you want to
                  P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Both men look ready, i hope it's a good fight!
                    You know it’s gonna be a banger…while it lasts!

Comment

Working...
                    X