Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua On Ring Title, Other Belts At Stake This Weekend: Don't Mean ****, None Of Them Do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua On Ring Title, Other Belts At Stake This Weekend: Don't Mean ****, None Of Them Do

The mission for Anthony Joshua heading into this weekend has always been less about reclaiming a prize as it is about restoring pride. With that, came a proverbial shrug of the shoulders when the former two-time unified heavyweight titlist learned of the added stakes for his rematch with Oleksandr Usyk. Already on the line will be the WBA/IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight titles. The
    [Click Here To Read More]

What a load of baloney. Joshua protected those belts like they were an endangered species when wilder came sniffing. He claimed he fought usyk because he loves his belts.

typical AJ. 8 months before the fight he’s don corleone, when it’s 48 hours away from fight night it’s, “ don’t care for belts” “my career is pretty much done if I lose”

I expect another “eye injury” excuse that suddenly repairs itself an hour post fight. I can’t wait for Saturday, finally the end of an era for some delusional folk.
    Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

When did Wilder come sniffing, he avoided the other belts for years before AJ showed up. The list of other heavyweight champs Wilder ducked is endless. When he did arrive AJ went out and took them from the other champs while Wilder sat on his ass counting his money. If he hated the idea of fighting Joshua plenty of other guys to fight for belts even PBC guys on the same side of the street eg Charles Martin. Wheres the Wilder Klitschko fight Finkel promised ?.. still waiting.

“Look, (Wilder) is a baby winning the title. It was his first title fight, they'll be a time for unification, they'll be a time for all those things, he could go and Povetkin (the No. 2 contender) in Russia and make $10 million,” - Finkel

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post
      What a load of baloney. Joshua protected those belts like they were an endangered species when wilder came sniffing.
      Bing_ Bing_ likes this.

Comment

AJ is an insecure little man in a big man's body, lying all over the place, citing that belts don't matter when it's convenient like ryan garcia.

Comment

Bit odd this because yeah he has always talked openly of valuing his belts, and turning down fights if it meant losing any. Very keen to unify.

He's never really spoken before like they just take sanctioning moneys and that's it. Huge obvious and amusing contradiction.

Can the street kid aggressive boxer, who got tamed, truly become a bad boy again? Seems like he's saying things for affect to convince himself.
          RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
            AJ is an insecure little man in a big man's body, lying all over the place, citing that belts don't matter when it's convenient like ryan garcia.
            Convenient? Why is it convenient? Idiot. He's simply stating that beating Usyk is the most important thing, compared to that the belts don't matter.
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post
              What a load of baloney. Joshua protected those belts like they were an endangered species when wilder came sniffing. He claimed he fought usyk because he loves his belts.

typical AJ. 8 months before the fight he’s don corleone, when it’s 48 hours away from fight night it’s, “ don’t care for belts” “my career is pretty much done if I lose”

I expect another “eye injury” excuse that suddenly repairs itself an hour post fight. I can’t wait for Saturday, finally the end of an era for some delusional folk.
              This is exactly what I mean about Joshua being so flakey. How can you have self belief when you don't even know what you believe hahaha.
              RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

Stop talking just go and win the fight,and if can’t beat usyk then you will become another one of them average boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Convenient? Why is it convenient? Idiot. He's simply stating that beating Usyk is the most important thing, compared to that the belts don't matter.
                  Originally posted by A.J
                  They just take my f----in’ sanctioning fees. They’re just something that look good when I take them to schools and show kids, ‘Look at my belts.’
                  It would seem that Anthony Joshua is more concern with purses or cashing-out, by his irritation of sanctioning fees. The belts represent many years of sacrifice and competing at the highest level, I'm sure when he mentors trouble youths he's not expressing himself like he did in this article.

Comment

Well he's changed his tune. I thought one of his big ambitions was becoming undisputed champ.

So either that was bollocks or his desire for redemption has changed his motivation.

Either way I'm glad to be honest. If AJ comes back, I want to see him come back spiteful and willing to risk getting hit to land his own. Like against Whyte or Klitschko. If he tries boxing on the back foot and loses at least the curtain falls on a show that's become too much about the money. It's felt in the last few years like he see's himself more businessman than fighter. I hope this change in mentality is going to see him come out with bad intentions though and win or lose, he leaves it all in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X