No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: What A Win (Or Loss) Means for Usyk and Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: What A Win (Or Loss) Means for Usyk and Joshua

By Cliff Rold - Saturday in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (DAZN, 1 PM EST), a fighter who has done almost everything will try to repeat the victory that brought him one fight from the pinnacle of boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If AJ win make Usyk vs Hrgović next when Usyk is still in his prime
    Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

This is the problem with boxing nowadays. Defeats are made to be the end of the world. At the top the differences are small and in previous eras one or two defeats were not such a big deal. Personally I want to see AJ and Usyk fight Wilder, Joyce, Hrgovic, Dubois, Hunter, Helenius, Parker, Ajagba, Ortiz, Martin etc no matter how this fight ends. It's absolutely mad how people were saying AJ was "finished" when he got his first loss to Ruiz. Something was badly off with him that night.

For AJ this fight means a lot, he will have a massive rebuild to do after the loss to get to the top 3 again but nevertheless there are big fights available for him left and right. For Usyk this might be even less threatening, he already has become a unified champion with 3 fights in the division. A loss means he needs to get a couple more wins and he is right back at it. With the war going on a loss would be understood by the average person.

There is so much that can go wrong with preparation, tactics, injuries etc that anyone who competes at the top can lose time to time. This loss phobia only leads to boring and mismatched fights. If losses were not such a big deal we would get more balanced and entertaining fights where upcoming and top guys are fighting each other.

Comment

I guess Usyk could feel pressure of being a favorite. He is used to be an underdog. At this time he has something to lose. However, He'll handle it. It gonna be a great fight where we can't predict a winner

Comment

Should Usyk win again, he will have proven not to be a one n done chump like Andy was.

Comment

This is what big time boxing is all about, I hope AJ does it, he’ll probably have to go to the well to do it, as he did Klitschko. If Usyk gets the win he deserves to fight Fury and the sport will finally get to see the crowning of the undisputed heavyweight champion. He would also be an undisputed champion in the top 2 weight divisions in the sport, what an achievement!

Comment

This is a really good fight, and both fighters will still have various options with a loss. Looking forward to it.

Comment

The new four kings aren't at lightweight.
                NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Would not want to be a Russian soldier on the eve that Usyk wins
                  NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

I said this many times that even if Joshua loses he still has big fights with Wilder & Fury. Usyk loses he is completely frozen out of the big money picture…I would expect Fury to fight Usyk for undisputed but the money will be nowhere near as good as a matchup with Joshua. I could see Fury actually vacated or going straight into a Joshua fight instead of going for undisputed. It’s all about money for Fury at this point. Usyk could win the rematch & still not have a dance partner in Fury. Fury has no mando due until spring 2023. Undisputed is not guaranteed next unless Joshua wins…
                    Last edited by joe strong; 08-18-2022, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X