Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Promoter Brushes Off Bulked-Up Usyk Concerns: His Speed And Power At His Best When He Stays Around 220

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk Promoter Brushes Off Bulked-Up Usyk Concerns: His Speed And Power At His Best When He Stays Around 220

Alexander Krassyuk isn't convinced that Oleksandr Usyk beefed up unnecessarily for his rematch against Anthony Joshua. Widely circulated video clips in recent weeks appeared to show that Ukraine's Usyk, the former undisputed champion at cruiserweight and current unified heavyweight champion, had gained considerably more muscle mass since his victory over Joshua in their heavyweight title bout last September at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Usyk has the opportunity to give his country a brief joy... he is carrying THAT on his shoulders... he is coming for the kill... Usyk via stoppage inside 6.

Comment

Exactly as I said it would go down. Usyk's filling out that heavyweight frame more now. I expect him to fight fire with fire this time. I think he knows he felt AJ's best punch in their first fight and thinks he can take it. He's not so sure AJ can take Usyk's best punch with more pop behind it. He also is fully prepared for a more aggressive AJ as that has basically been all the talk of how AJ can win this. He knows already he can outbox AJ so AJ has no choice but to be more aggressive this time.

He wants to give UA a great win because of their situation and there would be no bigger victory than KOing AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
        Usyk has the opportunity to give his country a brief joy... he is carrying THAT on his shoulders... he is coming for the kill... Usyk via stoppage inside 6.
        That exact weight of responsibility might wear him down, figuratively and literally.

Comment

He will be under 225, i dont expect him to be bulked up at 230+
          Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            Exactly as I said it would go down. Usyk's filling out that heavyweight frame more now. I expect him to fight fire with fire this time. I think he knows he felt AJ's best punch in their first fight and thinks he can take it. He's not so sure AJ can take Usyk's best punch with more pop behind it. He also is fully prepared for a more aggressive AJ as that has basically been all the talk of how AJ can win this. He knows already he can outbox AJ so AJ has no choice but to be more aggressive this time.

He wants to give UA a great win because of their situation and there would be no bigger victory than KOing AJ.
            How do you know that AJ threw his best shots in that fight. AJ didn't let his hands go. We all know that AJ wears his opponents down through accumulation of punches before finishing them off. It's going to be an interesting rematch for sure.
            Last edited by Boxviewer; 08-17-2022, 12:09 PM.
            Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

why was he at cw for so long then lol
              Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
                lmao maybe its just me but if my country was bring invaded I wouldnt give no fooks about boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post

How do you know that AJ threw his best shots in that fight. AJ didn't let his hands go. We all know that AJ wears his down through acculturation of punches before finishing them off. It's going to be an interesting rematch for sure.
                  You may be right, but that begs the question "why didn't AJ let his bunches go and throw his best shot in the first fight"?
                  Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post

lmao maybe its just me but if my country was bring invaded I wouldnt give no fooks about boxing
                    Exactly. I am sure that Usyk and Loma were far from the front. Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in Eastern Europe so the privileged willen be protected from risky battle fields.

Comment

Working...
                    X