Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic Motivated For Zhang, Gives Take on Usyk-Joshua Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic Motivated For Zhang, Gives Take on Usyk-Joshua Rematch

It could be a big weekend for Filip Hrgovic, but he has been waiting a long time for it. On Saturday night, on the Oleksandr Usyk-Anthony Joshua undercard in Jeddah, the unbeaten Croatian finally gets to take part in an IBF heavyweight eliminator when he faces Zhilei Zhang. Victory would put him near the front of the line to face the winner of the main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Let's go Filip Hrgović!!! Geni kameni

Comment

Had no idea Hrgovic was training with Ronnie Shields. He knows his HWs but has never been the head trainer for a HW champion. Ajagba left Shields for some reason which i thought was a mistake & then he lost to Sanchez without him. He has a solid American trainer so I bet he is getting some quality sparring too. This surprised me so Hrgovic is going to be well prepared. Hopefully he wins impressively & this is his coming out party. I think this is a final eliminator. The guy lacks a fan base so maybe this fight will put him on the map.

Comment

Good luck to both guys: Matchroom Boxing promo https://youtu.be/Z815ZX8wXVg

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          Had no idea Hrgovic was training with Ronnie Shields. He knows his HWs but has never been the head trainer for a HW champion. Ajagba left Shields for some reason which i thought was a mistake & then he lost to Sanchez without him. He has a solid American trainer so I bet he is getting some quality sparring too. This surprised me so Hrgovic is going to be well prepared. Hopefully he wins impressively & this is his coming out party. I think this is a final eliminator. The guy lacks a fan base so maybe this fight will put him on the map.
          Sanchez beats Ajagba no matter who Ajagba's trainer is. Sanchez has too much depth and mobility for Ajagba.
          If Hrgovic cannot beat Zhang and do it impressively , he needs to find another line of work.
          Zhang is old and boderline sucks.
          Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post

Sanchez beats Ajagba no matter who Ajagba's trainer is. Sanchez has too much depth and mobility for Ajagba.
            If Hrgovic cannot beat Zhang and do it impressively , he needs to find another line of work.
            Zhang is old and boderline sucks.
            I agree but I said before the Sanchez fight that leaving Shields was a mistake. Not saying that was the reason he lost but I thought it was the wrong move on his part. Sanchez is simply a better skilled fighter…

Comment

Only way I see Hrgovic losing this is if he gets sloppy with his defense early on. Zhang is big and hits hard so there's danger. I have my reservations about Hrgovic but he's a level or two above Zhang.
              Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X