Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: Southpaws Are Nightmares - I Would've Smoked Usyk If He Wasn't Lefty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: Southpaws Are Nightmares - I Would've Smoked Usyk If He Wasn't Lefty

Anthony Joshua has fought just two left-handers ever since turning professional in 2013 after winning the gold medal in the 2012 London Olympics. In 2016, Joshua won his first world title when he knocked out southpaw Charles Martin in the second round. Last September, Joshua fought the only other lefty on his 26-fight resume when he suffered a unanimous decision loss to Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Southpaw heavyweight world titlists, all time:
    Michael Moorer
    Ruslan Chagaev
    Chris Byrd
    Corrie Sanders
    Sultan Ibragimov
    Charles Martin
    Oleksandr Usyk

That's it.

So it seems that the overwhelming majority of heavyweight champions haven't had much of a problem beating southpaw contenders.
    Last edited by famicommander; 08-15-2022, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Not only is A.J less talented than Usyk but he is mentally fragile. Sounds like a long night for Joshua!

Comment

I’ve heard CRAZY excuses in boxing. Ridiculous things…. “I would have smoked him if he wasn’t a lefty” might be the worst. Embarrassing!

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          Michael Moorer
          Ruslan Chagaev
          Chris Byrd
          Corrie Sanders
          Sultan Ibragimov
          Charles Martin
          Oleksandr Usyk

That's it.

So it seems that the overwhelming majority of heavyweight champions haven't had much of a problem beating southpaw contenders.
          For what it's worth, there hasn't been many contenders in certain eras. I'm almost certain Lenox Lewis never faced a single southpaw for example.

Comment

War usyk!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

For what it's worth, there hasn't been many contenders in certain eras. I'm almost certain Lenox Lewis never faced a single southpaw for example.
              Lewis admitted to avoiding them . Now in this era there’s more because there’s also ambidextrous fighters like Fury etc….

When Joshua wins it’s a further dent in Lennox Lewis ,you can see it he does not want A.J to win this one . When he does it then becomes could Lewis defeat Usyk ? Boxing is crazy like that because he’s not defeated top southpaws ever ,we keep the same energy .
              Last edited by REDEEMER; 08-16-2022, 12:03 AM.
              Good ol' Douglas Good ol' Douglas likes this.

Comment

Bullshido!
                Sure Aj sure sure sure, you keep telling yourself that.
                He has to many yes men & alot if the thing's he say's are plain embarrassing, almost Wilder suit level.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                  Michael Moorer
                  Ruslan Chagaev
                  Chris Byrd
                  Corrie Sanders
                  Sultan Ibragimov
                  Charles Martin
                  Oleksandr Usyk

That's it.

Are you an idiot?

Southpaws used to be avoided so badly that they had to convert to orthodox to get fights. Otherwise, they wound up unemployed and broke.

Also, plenty of the best southpaws in boxing come from Cuba and the Soviet region who were banned from professional competition for decades. So the likes of Usyk and Ortiz did not exist back in the supposed "golden generations".

Watch the small, pillow-fisted Mildenburger piece up the mythical version of Ali then get back to us.

Comment

And if my aunt had balls,she'd be my uncle.

Comment

Working...
                    X