Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Three Heavyweight Fights Impacted By Fury Retirement And WBC Deadline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Three Heavyweight Fights Impacted By Fury Retirement And WBC Deadline

The latest retirement announcement by Tyson Fury has prompted action by his last remaining tie to the sport. It also significantly impacts the importance of three relevant heavyweight fights all scheduled within the next nine weeks. A two-week deadline has been issued by the World Boxing Council (WBC) for Fury to confirm in writing his official status in the sport. The unbeaten lineal/WBC heavyweight champion from Morecambe, England by way of Manchester recently went public with his insistence that he is forever done with the sport, the declaration coming on his 34th birthday last Friday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This hack really seems to dislike Fury. Lol which is fine just another jealous clown. Fury going out on top. Best HW of his era, done it all.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
      This hack really seems to dislike Fury. Lol which is fine just another jealous clown. Fury going out on top. Best HW of his era, done it all.
      Except Usyk and Joshua lol.
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Would rather see those upcoming fights as a tournament - winners fight for vacant title. Have a big issue with anyone coming off 2 straight losses getting a title shot

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Except Usyk and Joshua lol.
          I'd like to see him fight the winner of course but, those belts he already owned, doesn't really need them.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
            Would rather see those upcoming fights as a tournament - winners fight for vacant title. Have a big issue with anyone coming off 2 straight losses getting a title shot
            Even if that person successfully defended it ten times?

Comment

I'd like to see him fight the winner of course but, those belts he already owned, doesn't really need them.
              No, Fury Vs Joshua sells itself, belts or not. But if Fury truly wants to be seen as the best of his era, he has to beat Usyk if he wins, and I'd suggest, he'd have to beat both Joshua and Usyk if Joshua wins.
              Castilo Castilo Boxviewer Boxviewer like this.

Comment

Except fight AJ or Usyk

Comment

I see Team Wilder holding off here. Because if Fury vacates, it should be Wilder vs Joyce. But Joyce is locked in, and Wilder will angle for Sanchez, for an in-house fight for the title. The WBC, ever the easily influenced where team Wilder is concerned, will ok it. That is just wrong. Wilder should be made to wait for the Joyce,Parker winner or the tournament Idea should be implemented. That's what is fair. Joyce would jump at the Wilder fight if it were available. As would Parker if Joyce declined. I see some timely manipulation coming here. Hopefully Joshua does the business and we get the undisputed fight we all want. If Usyk wins, Fury stays retired as he wants no part of Usyk.
                  Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

No, Fury Vs Joshua sells itself, belts or not. But if Fury truly wants to be seen as the best of his era, he has to beat Usyk if he wins, and I'd suggest, he'd have to beat both Joshua and Usyk if Joshua wins.
                    He does not, who is a more accomplished HW in the last 15 years? Fury has held every single meaningful belt in the division, a first ballot hall of famer, undefeated and ended 2 long reigning champions runs with ease. AJ got beat up by a CW and a fat man. We all know the end result of Fury/AJ. He's simply too big for Usyk, who I think is a hell of a fighter but Fury would be all wrong for him. Too big, too slick great stamina and fantastic resilience. All of which he has proven throughout his career. Disprove anything I just posted, you can't it's all facts.
                    Jack_sh*t Jack_sh*t likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X