No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Arrives at 140: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Arrives at 140: Weekend Afterthoughts

It's been a tumultuous couple years for Teofimo Lopez. He was built well, if in truncated fashion, with chances to develop a following based on both talent and personality. He blitzed a respected veteran in Richard Commey. He upset Vasyl Lomachenko to unify lightweight titles and lay claim to the lineal crown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

From what I've seen last Saturday, Jose Ramirez would probably be enough to end Lopez's hopes to take over at 140.

Comment

Hopefully it's Barboza Jr. in December, and then we can make a better assessment of Teo's comeback!

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        From what I've seen last Saturday, Jose Ramirez would probably be enough to end Lopez's hopes to take over at 140.
        Yeah, I think you're right and he better stay away from Josh Taylor. He looked kind of small at 140. The punches that he hit this guy with would knock 135 pounders out, but this guy walked through a lot of them. I don't think he's gonna do anything at 140 just like Taylor better stay away from the monsters at 147!
        Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post

Yeah, I think you're right and he better stay away from Josh Taylor. He looked kind of small at 140. The punches that he hit this guy with would knock 135 pounders out, but this guy walked through a lot of them. I don't think he's gonna do anything at 140 just like Taylor better stay away from the monsters at 147!
          I believe that both Ramirez and Taylor would steamroll him. He got hit quite a few times by Campa, who is not on his level. Last but not least, he's still unstable mindwise, and has an idiot as a father/trainer.

I can't see a bright future for him.
          Brittney1229 Brittney1229 likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X