Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas: Regional Title is a Step Closer To Goal of Becoming World Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas: Regional Title is a Step Closer To Goal of Becoming World Champion

Resorts World Las Vegas - Puerto Rican sensation Xander Zayas (14-0, 9 KOs) picked up the NABO junior middleweight title with a fifth-round knockout over rugged veteran Elias Espadas (22-5, 15 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just another hypejob. Kid will never reach world-title level.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Just another hypejob. Kid will never reach world-title level.
      You don't see legit championship potential in him?

He's no Berlanga.

Comment

I see some qualities on this kid to become future contender that if he doesn't go 'felix verdejo's all hype deal
        Last edited by A.B Counterhooks; 08-14-2022, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

You don't see legit championship potential in him?

He's no Berlanga.
          Flashy moves and marketable to an audience hungry for new faces. I see another Orlando Cruz.

Comment

Xander Zayas, fought like a man possessed forsaking defense to knockout his opponent who'd never been knocked out before.
            It's possible that he got over anxious after knocking him down early in the first round, or he was trying to make for not being able to fight this past June.
            Whatever the case maybe he shouldn't neglect his defense in the pursuit of a quick knockout, because that can turn out to be costly in future fights.
            That said he was a fighting machine against Elias Espadas, dropping, and staggering him multiple times, which caused the referee to stop the fight.
            From what I've seen so far Xander Zayas, he looks like a sure bet to become a champion in the 154 pound division, but possibly a multiple weight champion within the next couple of years.
            Xander is ready for a step up to better opposition, so that he can continue to perfect his boxing skills, and punching accuracy, in order to continue to climb up in the rankings.
            sportee01 sportee01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
              Xander Zayas, fought like a man possessed forsaking defense to knockout his opponent who'd never been knocked out before.
              It's possible that he got over anxious after knocking him down early in the first round, or he was trying to make for not being able to fight this past June.
              Whatever the case maybe he shouldn't neglect his defense in the pursuit of a quick knockout, because that can turn out to be costly in future fights.
              That said he was a fighting machine against Elias Espadas, dropping, and staggering him multiple times, which caused the referee to stop the fight.
              From what I've seen so far Xander Zayas, he looks like a sure bet to become a champion in the 154 pound division, but possibly a multiple weight champion within the next couple of years.
              Xander is ready for a step up to better opposition, so that he can continue to perfect his boxing skills, and punching accuracy, in order to continue to climb up in the rankings.
              I think Austin Trout or Takeshi Inoue would be good step ups for Xander! Maybe Jack Culcay? Culcay is IBF # 2!

Comment

During the fight, Zayas was warned several times for low blows, but he denies the punches were intentional to break his man down.
                “I promise it wasn’t intentional. I wasn’t trying to hit him low. I guess the punches were just landing there."
                And once again, NSB is happy to look the other way for a dirty 'eye test' fighter when it suits them, yet wouldn't shut up about Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I think Austin Trout or Takeshi Inoue would be good step ups for Xander! Maybe Jack Culcay? Culcay is IBF # 2!
                  He's got a fight coming up in December, after that I can definitely see him in against Trout who would really test him, and Inoue who would test him to a lower degree.
                  Culcay what have to wait until the end of next year, and that quite possibly could be for one of the titles at 140, if Culcay beats Taylor in their rematch, which I don't expect he will.
                  You would've been a very good match maker for Top Rank, whom should be reading some of these post to get ideas on what match ups the fan's are talking about.

I was just corrected by my respected collaborator on this platform.
                  I got Jack Culcay, confused with Jack Catterall, two different fighters, in two different weight division's.
                  So my original post reply still stands, except that Cucay isn't fighting Taylor they've never fought each other before, and no title.

Now as for Jack Cucay fighting Xander Zayas, that would be a great test for Xander one they should put off until late 2023.
                  Last edited by Boricua181; 08-15-2022, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

He's got a fight coming up in December, after that I can definitely see him in against Trout who would really test him, and Inoue who would test him to a lower degree.
                    Culcay what have to wait until the end of next year, and that quite possibly could be for one of the titles at 140, if Culcay beats Taylor in their rematch, which I don't expect he will.
                    You would've been a very good match maker for Top Rank, whom should be reading some of these post to get ideas on what match ups the fan's are talking about.
                    Nah B! Culcay is IBF #2 @ 154! He's a German fighter who has already lost to Andrade, Sulecki, and Dervy. He's 31-4, w/only 13 KOs, and he's on a 6 fight win streak since losing to Derby in 2019! I think he's the perfect opponent, higher ranking than Trout and Inoue!

Comment

Working...
                    X