Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Not Buying Fury's Retirement, Sees It as Publicity Stunt on Eve of Usyk-Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Not Buying Fury's Retirement, Sees It as Publicity Stunt on Eve of Usyk-Joshua

Eddie Hearn, promoter of Anthony Joshua, believes Tyson Fury's most recent retirement is nothing more than a publicity stunt to take away from of the shine from Joshua's upcoming rematch with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Joshua knock out Usyk? That seems hopeful from Eddie.

More likely it goes the distance, or a tko win for Usyk.

Comment

There's a reason the WBC gave Fury until Aug 26 to confirm his retirement. It gives Fury the option to wait out the result of this fight. Fury it seems is scared to fight one of them...I'm not sure which one...but if he retires then we know it's whoever the winner is.

Comment

Sheesh Eddie

You must have graduated top of your fruckn class

Comment

it's bad enough we 4 titles why they count IBO? it worthless title to add on
          KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by rojo45 View Post
            IBO title is a garbage!
            Alexis67 Alexis67 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by rojo45 View Post
              IBO was one of Wladimir Kiltschko's most valued titles.

The belts don't make the fighter, the fighter makes the belts.

After Joe Calzaghe's reign, the WBO title increased in prestige etc.

Castilo Castilo Boxviewer Boxviewer like this.

Comment

i've said this all along. The Usyk/Joshua winner picks up the Ring belt & due to public pressure Fury comes back out of retirement looking to reclaim it a second time, thus becoming a 3 time champion.
                While I'm here look out for Sulaiman to announce Ruiz Vs Wilder for the vacant WBC title.
                P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                  There's a reason the WBC gave Fury until Aug 26 to confirm his retirement. It gives Fury the option to wait out the result of this fight. Fury it seems is scared to fight one of them...I'm not sure which one...but if he retires then we know it's whoever the winner is.
                  Calling Usyk to beat Fury all day long, but I doubt Fury’s actually physically trembling about fighting anyone. He’s been in boxing all his life and seen it all
                  Last edited by P to the J; 08-15-2022, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

IBO was one of Wladimir Kiltschko's most valued titles.

The belts don't make the fighter, the fighter makes the belts.

After Joe Calzaghe's reign, the WBO title increased in prestige etc.
                    Well said. Provenance is the history of ownership of an item. It certainly affects the value of something. Some things lose luster and others gain luster depending on the popularity/acclaim of how and who it’s changed hands to as things are ever evolving.

Comment

Working...
                    X