Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Floors Elias Espadas Twice, Scores 5th Round Stoppage In Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Floors Elias Espadas Twice, Scores 5th Round Stoppage In Las Vegas

Xander Zayas could not have asked for a more spectacular return to the ring. Angered by having to miss out on a showcase slot on the eve of the National Puerto Rican Day Parade due to illness, the 19-year-old Boricua prospect was at full strength in a statement-making fifth round knockout of Elias Espadas. Zayas scored two knockdowns on the night, the latter producing an immediate stoppage at 0:23 of round five.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Xander Zayas has all the tools needed for any job! Time for some better competition! I would like to see him fight someone like Austin Trout, or Takeshi Inoue. Steel Sharpens Steel. I don't know if these type of fights, like last night's opponent, are necessary at this point?

Comment

Zayas looks really good!! Excited to see this kid take over and rep Puerto Rican Boxing!!!!!

Comment

Xander Zayas, put on a spectacular performance in his latest fight knocking out his opponent who had never been stopped before.
        The referee stopped the fight before his opponent Elias Espadas, could've been seriously hurt by the human dynamo called Xander Zayas.
        This fighter is destined for greatness in the sport of boxing, in a couple of more fights say 4 or 5 whoever is holding the belts better watch out.
        This guy stoled the show last night, and appears to be another Trinidad in the making, albeit a heavier version who can grow into the 160, 168, or 175 pound division's.
        He also has a realistic opportunity to win titles in all of those division's mentioned, including his current weight of 154, just as long as he stays grounded, focused, and committed to the sport.
        Last edited by Boricua181; 08-14-2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I've seen Elias Espadas fight against Yamaguchi Flacao dude no Bum. High C+ lèvel fighter might not sound like a lot but for a 19 year old to do that to a dude as tough as Espadas who has never been KO'D is impressive.

I think he can already get in and beat B- level fighter's like Jorge Cota , Takeshi Inoue , Damian Sosa, Michel Zewski , Brian Mendoza or Patrick Allotey.

Since he's only 19 I say no rush pick the easiest of the group see how he performs then keep taking small step ups . World level ain't to far away . Other then Charlo and a couple of other guys , if belts get vacated I see Xander Zayas as early as the start of 2024

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X