Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: As Long As There's A Path To World Title, I Want To Fight Anyone That's In My Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: As Long As There's A Path To World Title, I Want To Fight Anyone That's In My Way

Vergil Ortiz Jr. hopes to figure out his next move soon, even as there remains a logjam at the top of the welterweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anyone except that kid they call Boots
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
      I am sure Ortiz would take that fight, strongly doubt either man has any fear of the other.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
        Right , and Tyson Fury was scared of Wilder. You are so pathetic. How low os your self esteem?

Comment

Why not just fight Stanionis in the Interim. Let’s face it, Vergil is in need of rounds before even seriously considers entering the ring with Spence or Crawford. He needs to get away from GB immediately or face the very real possibility of never facing the marquee names at 147 or 154. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why there has never been any negotiations for a Benn fight as they both fight for the app. What a waste of talent.

Comment

I’d think it likely he might face Blair Cobbs next, unless there’s a clear path to a title in his next fight (interim, final eliminator, vacant post-Spence/Crawford etc)

Comment

It makes absolutely no sense at all for Vergil & Jaron to meet in a non-title bout. These guys are putting their lives on the line every time they get in the ring & they deserve to be properly remunerated. That will happen idc but it won't happen yet. Lets see what happens with Crawford v Spence. If one of those guys won decisively he might say, 'I'll make one more defence against the top contender', or he might not, he might retire on top. If its close we could well see Crawford : Spence II. Either way, Vergil & Jaron will have several more fights before they get a world title shot but, IMO, those fights definitely shouldn't be against each other. This isn't the 1930s.

Comment

Ortiz has time. The division will be wide open once Spence and Crawford vacates it later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

I am sure Ortiz would take that fight, strongly doubt either man has any fear of the other.
                  Not based on his last fight getting touched up by 1/4 Paulie KOs

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

That’s where U wrong! Trust me he gets hit way to much to want any part of Boots but I take it U never fought and don’t understand the dodge ball that’s played in the game of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X