Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhang Zhilei Touches Down in Jeddah, Pumped To Face Filip Hrgovic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zhang Zhilei Touches Down in Jeddah, Pumped To Face Filip Hrgovic

Undefeated heavyweight Zhang "Big Bang" Zhilei (24-0-1, 19 KOs) has touched down in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia a few days early to prepare for his IBF heavyweight title eliminator against Croatia's Filip Hrgovic (14-0, 12 KOs). The fight is set for August 20th, and the winner will become the IBF's number one heavyweight contender.
    [Click Here To Read More]

BIG punch exchanges coming out with Hrgovic stopping Zhang by the 8th round.

Comment

Come on Filip Hrgović!!! Too much too young to fast for this grandpa https://youtu.be/Rn8p24AxWno

Comment

This guy is too slow for Hrgovic not going to prove much. He does have a punchers chance though but I doubt he wins. Who knows though shot to **** Eric Molina was catching Redeemers favorite fighter with ease, he can't take punches like that from someone as big as Zhilei.

Comment

Fair play, I thought ZZ would duck anyone decent & bask in his glory as China's only H/w. He hasn't done that. He's gone to Hrgovic which looks like a dangerous task. I'm kinda perplexed by ZZ, particularly why he suffered from dehydration. You're a H/W you don't need to meet a weigh-in target, unless perhaps the Communist Party of China told you you should. It don't make sense. He looks as slow as a sloth on herb but, then, so does Joe Joyce & he tends to get the job done.

Comment

I'm really stoked for this fight. It seems fair to say it is both of their toughest tests yet. El Animal should take care of business, but I think it'll be a very good scrap.

Comment

What surprised me was no bids from the Chinese. King used to hold events in Macau. Figured this is where the fight would end up as a main event. I was wrong. Most HW contenders are in their 30s so fighting a threat in their prime (Hrgovic) with no fanbase is not the best financial move. Fighters want to maximize their earnings in the short window they have in the sport. I get why Hunter avoided Hrgovic. A loss sets him back years & hurts his earning power. He is entering his mid 30s & wants to make some money before the end & Triller guaranteed him a lucrative 3 fight deal. Much more than the IBF eliminator was offering. If Hrgovic was a big draw guys would fight him. He is the classic big risk little reward fighter. He is younger than most HW fighters with a name.

Comment

Great test for both.

Comment

Hrgovic destroy this guy, hrgovic fight Usyk glory to Ukraine glory to soviet union

Comment

Zing has to take the test. He can duck and dodge, but that's added punishment and he still has to take a test. Beat Hergo and get an A all around. Sounds like a plan to me. I like Hergovic, but he looks stalled. A loss to Zhang would be catastrophic.

Comment

Working...
                    X