Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol-Ramirez: WBA Assigns August 21 Purse Bid In Orlando For Light Heavyweight Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol-Ramirez: WBA Assigns August 21 Purse Bid In Orlando For Light Heavyweight Title Fight

Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez continues to move closer to his goal of becoming a two-division titlist. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the WBA has scheduled a purse bid hearing for August 21--a Sunday--to determine promotional rights for light heavyweight title fight between Ramirez and defending champion Dmitry Bivol. The order comes a day after the WBA rejected a special permit filed by Matchroom Boxing to seek a voluntary fight between Bivol and Joshua Buatsi.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-12-2022, 03:19 AM.
    DFM DFM likes this.

This a dope fight I light bivol by being technically better but zurdo is live

Comment

Licking my lips at the prospect of this fight being made, better than Bivol-Canelo I'd say.

I did have a chuckle though when I read one of the WBA 's rules is in the 'interests of boxing', when I remembered all the titles they have and a few odd rankings.
      P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Outside of a unification with Beterbiev this' probably the best fight that's there for Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Licking my lips at the prospect of this fight being made, better than Bivol-Canelo I'd say.

I did have a chuckle though when I read one of the WBA 's rules is in the 'interests of boxing', when I remembered all the titles they have and a few odd rankings.
          The winner of this one gets the WBA’s special ‘interests of boxing’ belt, and Fres Oqeundo’s the no.1 challenger
          DFM DFM likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Outside of a unification with Beterbiev this' probably the best fight that's there for Bivol.
            At least way better than Buatsi fight

Comment

Purse Bids Everywhere! DAZN should step in and have an intervention with Oscar and Eddie! Fights like these should not have to go to purse bid! We should be on Haney vs. Garcia II or II by now! Andrade should have seen Munguia a long time ago! DAZN should be KING by now, with both GBP and MatchRoom on the same platform! I want Ryan Garcia vs. Montana Love! C'mon fellas, let's go!
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Purse Bids Everywhere! DAZN should step in and have an intervention with Oscar and Eddie! Fights like these should not have to go to purse bid! We should be on Haney vs. Garcia II or II by now! Andrade should have seen Munguia a long time ago! DAZN should be KING by now, with both GBP and MatchRoom on the same platform! I want Ryan Garcia vs. Montana Love! C'mon fellas, let's go!
                Dazn has been a dismal failure. You have two of the 5 biggest promotions in the world on the same
                platform and so many fights and fighters left behind. Now promoters are refusing to let their fighters fight on other platforms by using their own platform as an excuse. Munguia wanted to fight Charlo, his promoter wouldn’t let him. The only way Benn gets an actual meaningful fight towards a title at welterweight or jr middle is if he fights pbc fighters, yet nor he nor his promoter seem to be interested in fighting in the usa against those fighters. Everything MUST be on dazn. And the man fan yahoo’s criticise pbc and Haymon….

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I hear ya bro. I’m wanting to see Teofimo vs Cryin Garcia first! They both have knock out power, and also have defensive flaws. Would be great to see those 2 mesh!
                  Bivol-Zurdo is also mouth watering!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Dazn has been a dismal failure. You have two of the 5 biggest promotions in the world on the same
                    platform and so many fights and fighters left behind. Now promoters are refusing to let their fighters fight on other platforms by using their own platform as an excuse. Munguia wanted to fight Charlo, his promoter wouldn’t let him. The only way Benn gets an actual meaningful fight towards a title at welterweight or jr middle is if he fights pbc fighters, yet nor he nor his promoter seem to be interested in fighting in the usa against those fighters. Everything MUST be on dazn. And the man fan yahoo’s criticise pbc and Haymon….
                    It's one thing to not be able to get "cross-platform fights," but not even fighters on the same platform? Does Bivol vs. Zurdo actually have to go to a purse bid? That seems ridiculous! Not as bad as Ryan Garcia swerving Haney, and Munguia swerving Andrade, but damn!

Comment

Working...
                    X