Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada Relinquishes WBA 'Super' Title; Joshua Franco Elevated To Full Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada Relinquishes WBA 'Super' Title; Joshua Franco Elevated To Full Champ

Joshua Franco has waited a year for a title consolidation clash with Juan Francisco Estrada. A fight never came of the ordeal, though his patience is at least rewarded with his first full major title. BoxingScene.com has learned that Mexico's Estrada has been relieved of his WBA 'Super' junior bantamweight title reign. The development comes months after the lineal champion was ordered to face San Antonio's Franco, in line with a WBA ruling made a year ago almost to the day.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Too many titles. It’s annoying.

Comment

Danm sucks for Estrada. The danm rubber match is taking forever

Comment

Please tell me this now means 115 only has one WBA title they better not have other's fight for the regular

Comment

Finally Franco can get back in the ring..

Comment

Incoming: Moloney crying for a title shot in 5 . . . 4 . . .3

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
              Finally Franco can get back in the ring..
              The hell w/t Franco bruh… Dude turned his back on the one promotional company that gave him a chance when he first began his career in Golden Boy. I remember Robert Garcia saying that he tried to get a contract w/t Top Rank for Franco, Tenajara, Jonathan Navarro but Bob only wanted Tenajara but Eric Gomez came back to Robert and said they’ll sign all three. Now that’s he champ this is the way he repays them

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
                Please tell me this now means 115 only has one WBA title they better not have other's fight for the regular
                You know the game, the WBA will find a reason to create a 'regular' champion at 115. This is awful news, Juan Fransico has been creating ''full' WBA champs since 112, with the regular flyweight champion at the time ( Kazuto Ioka ).

This Trojan policy is intended for promoters to buy a 'world-title', these consolidation matches often do not come to fruition -- the last one I can remember was recently with the 'Super' light-flyweight champion Hiroto Kyoguchi vs. the 'Regular' champ Esteban Bermudez.

It looks like we are getting Estrada-Gonzalez 3 in December. I wonder if 'Chocolatito' takes a tune-up this summer if that's El 'Gallo's' plan, in Mexico. We need more articles about Gonzalez plan.

Comment

Working...
                X