Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McKinson On Ortiz Loss: I Went Into The Lion's Den With No Fear So I'm Proud Of Myself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McKinson On Ortiz Loss: I Went Into The Lion's Den With No Fear So I'm Proud Of Myself

Michael McKinson knows he proved his worth in his latest venture inside the ring even if he doesn't have a win to show for it. The 28-year-old British southpaw came up short against Vergil Ortiz Jr. in their 12-round welterweight bout last Saturday night at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas, but managed to keep his head high. Ortiz, who resides in nearby Grand Prairie, dropped the previously undefeated McKinson twice before compelling McKinson's father to throw in the towel in the ninth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He was actually trying to win and has given an honest assessment of the fight in his point of view. I got nothing but respect for him.

Comment

With that low KO record he will get other fights.

Comment

He fought to survive to stretch the rounds and he is a southpaw but he is no match for Ortiz Jr and with his low ko level it was a warm up fight for Ortiz Jr to stand up prepare for southpaw terence crawford but i think its too FAST for ortiz jr to face a southpaw and right hander like crawford
        Last edited by boxingtop24; 08-11-2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

You sound ridiculous trying to puff your chest out for getting KO’d like all the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingtop24 View Post
            He fought to survive to stretch the rounds and he is a southpaw but he is no match for Ortiz Jr and with his low ko level it was a warm up fight for Ortiz Jr to stand up prepare for southpaw terence crawford but i think its too FAST for ortiz jr to face a southpaw and right hander like crawford
            He traded with Ortiz jr at times. The writer here recognised that. To say he just fought to survive is nonsense. He was outclassed. That doesn't mean he was just there to survive. He fought with pride and wasn't good enough. It happens. And someday it'll happen to Ortiz also. God forbid someone misinterprets it as survival mode.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              He was actually trying to win and has given an honest assessment of the fight in his point of view. I got nothing but respect for him.
              He was game but he was just far too outgunned in that one. He doesn't have much power but I've seen him put decent fighters down with one punch, his problem is they get back up. He's not a bad fighter and I can see him having success and being relevant to a certain level.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

He was game but he was just far too outgunned in that one. He doesn't have much power but I've seen him put decent fighters down with one punch, his problem is they get back up. He's not a bad fighter and I can see him having success and being relevant to a certain level.
                He is the type of fighter if you are not special or come at 100% he can beat you. The lack of power makes him resilient and he will try to over work his opponent.

I remember Paulie getting a title shot because they wanted his name and low KO ration. He stopped the dude with a cut. Can't over look guys like that.
                PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
                  You sound ridiculous trying to puff your chest out for getting KO’d like all the rest.
                  He gave everything he had, taking huge shots and fighting back and getting back up as much as he could. He should be proud. He didn't quit in his corner or stay down from the first shot. Show some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
                    At least he’s a professional.

We’re literally on a forum posting our useless opinions that no one needs.
                    PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X